GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E28 Clunker execution :(

Default E28 Clunker execution :(

1995 525i "Stefanie"

I keep wondering why they have to run the engine til death... can't they do something more 'humane'?

"not found" but I can imagine.
    The first one I saw was of an Olds Aurora, a pretty well regarded V-8, it lasted 30 seconds or so. Then I saw one of an M-30. First they just tried running it w/o any oil and it just kept running. Finally they added the Obama Kool-aid and bounced it off the rev limiter for a couple minutes before it died. One tough engine.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

This makes my stomach turn. It is sick.

Consumption **caused** global warming. How can destroying instead of recycling help? Many of these cars would have good engines, so why destroy them? Should be recycling them carefully and encouraging people to use other forms of transport and only buy smaller, lighter cars... in more effective ways: Taxing fuel is a direct so effective method, but that doesn't buy votes... this hair-brained way the environment suffers and recycling is reduced, just so that votes can be produced.

As if many of us deserve to buy a new car anyhow when we should be using them less and walking more If anyone cared they'd only be subsidising pblic transport, hand trolleys/shopping karts, bicycles and proper pathways to make them useful. If we used our cars less, we'd address the issue immediately, wihtout producing tons of CO2 in the process of making and shipping a new car. It simply wouldn't matter that they use more a bit more fuel than a new one.

This program encourages a lot of people that don't use a car vey much, that probably should use one far less anyhow, to buy a newly produce, imported, adn only slightly less filthy, oil-burning automobile (to neglect and scrap for the wrong reasons all over again). Bring on the heat... and keep digging up more oil to meet the oh-so deperate demand.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Exact science is being performed with the health care obamanation here in the US. Now a car next your kids, parents and as you age... YOU! Try the heallthcare vaccine for the pig flu, they voted that you can't sue for damages... none of the vaccine companies will be liable. What does that tell you? Look at the murals at denver international airport... somethings up and 95% of the people still think I ride with my tinfoil hat. look around people. This **** is real and above, anyone look up lately? hard to preach to people with no eyes.

You guys better wake up with what is going on cause we dont have much time to bicker about it.

off my soap box

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

sorry I dont update it much cause not many read it but an update will be soon.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 08-13-2009 at 02:04 AM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak View Post
    This makes my stomach turn. It is sick.

Consumption **caused** global warming. How can destroying instead of recycling help? Many of these cars would have good engines, so why destroy them? Should be recycling them carefully and encouraging people to use other forms of transport and only buy smaller, lighter cars... in more effective ways: Taxing fuel is a direct so effective method, but that doesn't buy votes... this hair-brained way the environment suffers and recycling is reduced, just so that votes can be produced.

As if many of us deserve to buy a new car anyhow when we should be using them less and walking more If anyone cared they'd only be subsidising pblic transport, hand trolleys/shopping karts, bicycles and proper pathways to make them useful. If we used our cars less, we'd address the issue immediately, wihtout producing tons of CO2 in the process of making and shipping a new car. It simply wouldn't matter that they use more a bit more fuel than a new one.

This program encourages a lot of people that don't use a car vey much, that probably should use one far less anyhow, to buy a newly produce, imported, adn only slightly less filthy, oil-burning automobile (to neglect and scrap for the wrong reasons all over again). Bring on the heat... and keep digging up more oil to meet the oh-so deperate demand.
    You are preaching to the choir here.
    Here goes a 540/6: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41203 Which by the way will do mid twenties on the highway and 18 in town. I know, I had one.
    Another case of government meddling in something they know nothing about.
    How much you want to bet the owner of the car posted here bought an import?
    Last edited by Ross; 08-13-2009 at 08:26 AM.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

this just makes me angry. all of this. I'm going to go baby my car now, the obama administration seems to want to make it a rarity.

/former democrat (no it's not just the cars that turned me away, this is small compared to other things but still absurd in my mind)

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana19 View Post
    this just makes me angry. all of this. I'm going to go baby my car now, the obama administration seems to want to make it a rarity. /former democrat (no it's not just the cars that turned me away, this is small compared to other things but still absurd in my mind)
    People need to vote for a better class of politician, one that does it for the people and not the vested interests. There is simply no point being aligned with a major party these days (unless you are peddling something and have no regard for anything else). I would rather vote for the 'mad-hatters parties' than republican- just because I want to effect some actual change.

Electing 'the other' party- just because it is spending millions in advertising to 'create a perception' or at best 'call itself' different is counter- productive and the cause of our present malaise.

Not that I think Obama is a bad guy or anything (and he may be), but the organised mobs of grey suits behind the democrat and republicans - and what it is prepared to do to our democracy is scarier than global warming or even nuclear war, they don't deserve a single vote.

And anyone implementing a green policy that actively destroys high performance engines in their prime needs to be chased into the hills by mobs of gun-toting abortionists and strung up for all to see.

BTW: Good on ya Jeff- I enjoy your 'theories pages'
    Last edited by genphreak; 08-14-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

unfortunately the dem, rep party is there to devide us into bad vs good. with the elite bankers in place we stand no chance especially since they own the media. I unfortunately thought Barry was for the good of the people, so wrong was I. the other contender simply did not want to deal with the **** and handed his cards to Bary. Barry is the puppet in hand to make the elite even more dangerous on the well being of man. sick **** should be a conspiracy story but unfortunately it is blatently real and you cant discredit any of it. We live in bad times my friend.

my own rendition of some of the crap going on: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41812
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Nice Clunker'd E24 635CSI

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast