GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Final top gear of the season. Kind of sad

Default Final top gear of the season. Kind of sad

Just finished watching the final episode of Top Gear for this season. The final scene with Jeremy driving an Astin Martin and saying he feels that this is an end of a era, made me realize the United States is not far behind. With all of the environmentalists, smart car, electric cars, going green, luxury taxes and speed camera everywhere perhaps we are seeing the end of an era. Right now I thank God I live in rural USA where I can still open up the taps. I know California is now clamping down on cars with large engines and now the country has run a muck with crushing clunkers. Some of these clunkers are perfectly good cars but the dealers have been instructed to destroy the engines with chemicals. Disabling them. I know this has to be happening to Bimmers. Makes me want to cry. Tomorrow I am going to go for a good long drive. I am going to open her up and clear out some carbon. I pray my grand kids will be able to do the same thing when they grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibokojoe View Post
    Just finished watching the final episode of Top Gear for this season. The final scene with Jeremy driving an Astin Martin and saying he feels that this is an end of a era, made me realize the United States is not far behind. With all of the environmentalists, smart car, electric cars, going green, luxury taxes and speed camera everywhere perhaps we are seeing the end of an era. Right now I thank God I live in rural USA where I can still open up the taps. I know California is now clamping down on cars with large engines and now the country has run a muck with crushing clunkers. Some of these clunkers are perfectly good cars but the dealers have been instructed to destroy the engines with chemicals. Disabling them. I know this has to be happening to Bimmers. Makes me want to cry. Tomorrow I am going to go for a good long drive. I am going to open her up and clear out some carbon. I pray my grand kids will be able to do the same thing when they grow up.
    +1 .. but

Re-watch the episode with May driving the Honda FSX Clarity, and pay particular attention to Jay Leno's analogy of the car saving the horse and what the Honda would do for the car.. then write your congressman pressing them to push this technology forward and to quit wasting taxpayer dollars on b/s like E85 and glassing over engines that would pass emissions test with a mere tune-up.

There's countless threads on mye28.com about this very subject after a 535is was glassed over in a New York Times article.

The biggest farce about "cash for clunkers" is never published. All this program has done is use taxpayer money to put more people in debt with a new car note and full coverage insurance. Statistics show that most people who cashed in on this program are people who could have afforded the car outright. The working stiffs out there who drive 20+ year old cars still can't make the note which is why they're driving that car in the first place. Estimates show that nearly 1/3rd of all the people who took up this new debt could possibly default on the loan once they realize they're not going to be able to keep up with the payments thanks to interest rates and the full coverage insurance they are required to pay while under financing. What did that do? It just shifted the debt back to banks.. that just got bailed out...

Clarkson was right. Whoever figures out how to create, store and distribute Hydrogen more effectively will become the most powerful man (or woman) in the world. Rather than wasting all our money on crap like E85 and Hybrid vehicles, use that money to subsidize the cost of the nation's gas stations having to add the hydrogen pumps.

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

in Europe, we will all die from lung cancer caused by diesel particules

Gas Bags that's our senate and congress