GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: My e34!!

Default FS: My e34!!

Ok guys I'm goin to pick up a really nice XJR from down south today - So providing it's all as described by the owner (which I'm really hoping it is!) my 535i will sadly be up for sale as I can't afford to run two cars. The price is really good for all I have done to it and it is in brilliant condition for a 19 year old car... I have lowered the price a lot from what I think it's really worth only because I will need the space if I get the XJR today.. Which is looking very likely!

I have it up for sale on PH... Here's the link incase anyone from here is interested - http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1100644.htm (I've got some better pictures now, just need to upload them, which I'll do asap).

I would rather a 'bimmernut' decided to take it on because it's got so much left to give and it would be a shame if it fell into the wrong hands and got neglected.

I will be sad to see it go, but this XJR is just too good to pass up.
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

so you took the plunge in the end? Well good luck with the sale and the purchase! The car looks really good in the pics, have you had any interest yet? Any pics or details on the xjr?
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by leicesterboy15 View Post
    so you took the plunge in the end? Well good luck with the sale and the purchase! The car looks really good in the pics, have you had any interest yet? Any pics or details on the xjr?
    I've seen the 535i and it looks that good in real life IIRC John did about 600 miles for a set of wheels so god know how far he is going to drive to get a car

Latest information: The new car is also black
    Last edited by whiskychaser; 08-04-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Wow I've wrote this reply three times now and the browser keeps deleting it on me before i can submit it, it's really annoying!!!!!

Anyway long story short got the XJR and I love it! Ended up being a 600 mile round trip but so worth it - the car performed brilliantly on the way home, including on the m6 car park haha! It's got 134k on the clock but it had a new engine at 11k so I reckon the motor has 123k on it... It's black with privacy glass and a light grey leather inside, electric heated memory seats etc etc massive spec! It drives beautifully and the auto box seems to be spot on. The car is a 1994 and needs a bit of TLC in terms of presentation and little niggly things (like the aircon not being cold!) to be perfect, but no big issues! I just wanted to check that this is normal too incase anyone knows on these... The oil, battery and check engine light are on when you are in position II, but go out and stay out when the car is turned on... That's the way it should be I assume!

Now I just need to shift the 535i... I've had some interest already but goin to get it on autotrader and a few other places when I get time. I'll be sad to see it go to be honest because of all the work I've put into it and it being such a trustworthy car but I can't afford to keep the two Haha thanks Colin!! WIll be down to show you the 'monster' as I like to call it asap!!

Will post some pics of the new vehicle asap but having some trouble with the laptop so I'm on a borrowed one at the mintue!

A 1994? Is it a straight six or a V8 (isn't that the year they switched over)? How does it compare to the e34 in terms of driving and feel? Also, which interior do you prefer? I hope you got a bargain for a 600 mile round trip!
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

A 1994? Is it a straight six or a V8 (isn't that the year they switched over)? How does it compare to the e34 in terms of driving and feel? Also, which interior do you prefer? I hope you got a bargain for a 600 mile round trip!
    It's the straight six one of the early ones, they changed to the V8 in 1997/1998 I think but don't quote me... I wanted the straight six really beause I'm familiar with them and the V8's were apparently quite troublesome?!

Here's a couple of pic's!

I really don't want to compare the two because I don't think it would be fair, and they're so totally different! What I will say is the XJR is everything I hoped it would be... It handles beautifully, is insanely quick and is as smooth as you like despite being 15 years old! The biggest difference for me is the interior - I love the way the Jag is set out it's beautiful! The unusual thing is though, it has no glovebox?!

Man that looks baadass! Is it a LWB? Very nice! I thought I had a pimp wagon but that is the wagon of the pimp king

I like very much, any interior pics? Have you cleaned it or is this as you picked it up? It looks very tidy. Interesting what you say about the v8s, its the same with the e34s I guess but I would go for the v8 after owning one - hourses for courses I guess. Still looks superb though, I am very tempted.

Man that looks baadass! Is it a LWB? Very nice! I thought I had a pimp wagon but that is the wagon of the pimp king

I like very much, any interior pics? Have you cleaned it or is this as you picked it up? It looks very tidy. Interesting what you say about the v8s, its the same with the e34s I guess but I would go for the v8 after owning one - hourses for courses I guess. Still looks superb though, I am very tempted.
    Haha ! It does look menacing, the pictures don't even do it justice you know! I haven't even had chance to give it a good wash or anything yet so that's it warts an all in the pics... Reckon it'll shine up nicely! The wheels do let it down though up close, need to get them looked at as the laquer's ruined on them. Good tyres though at least lol! Only got one pic of the interior so far:

I wanted cream leather really (I know it's a bit old-manish!) but I settled for the light grey... The windows are pretty dark too, so I'm waiting to be pulled over the front ones ... The P.O reckoned they were 'legal' but I'm not so sure haha...

The V8's are a bit more powerful, an extra 50bhp IIRC and I imagine they are brilliant to drive... If you do go after one listen out for timing chain rattle on start up and the obvious Nikasil issues!

The spec on the XJR is awesome, but the one thing that's not on par with the e34 is the OBC, doesn't seem anywhere near as good to me...

Is it a LWB?
    Looks like it is to me - the window in the rear door is longer than the window in the front door.

...very nice btw

Cream would be a bit too Arthur Daley IMHO. I 'borrowed' a 4.2 for a while but a blown 4 litre is something else. I bet you have to tie your trilby on! Have you ordered the wide wheel, short spring and spat kit yet? Seriously though, congrats! It looks the part. Damn shame you have to lose the 535i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast