GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Adjusting Headlight Beams

Default Adjusting Headlight Beams

Naturally, you have to adjust using the screws. However, I just wonder at how the beams are supposed to be projected.

I'll be installing upgrades with halos soon (thanks Qube!), and my way of doing it would be to put the car close to a wall. I'll probably start by checking out how the current ones project on the wall and then change one side and adjust it similarily to the other side.

I had the old ones adjusted a while back, so at least I'm satisfied that they are aligned correctly.

Does that make sense ?

It is easy to do it yourself. If you have a garage, that's super easy. On a piece of white copy paper... fold it into 4 quarters (half vertically and half horizontally). The middle of the two folds will be the middle of your headlight height from garage floor.

Draw two lines... use the longer side... one at the fold you made... this is the highest point where high beam can shine on.

Draw another line about .45" below the upper line... and this is the highest point where the highest low beam will shine on... with euro headlight it is so easy to line up.. you have that horizontal line and a line that goes upward.. that point is your highest point on headlight low beam.

You park the car 5 feet from the wall... 5 feet from headlight lens to the wall. Measure the height from floor to middle of your lens. and that will be that center point of the two folds. Also... try to eyeball middle of the lens to middle of the vertical fold so you know you are aiming the headlight straight.

Thanks! That sounds very good!