GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Exterior bottom door trim (Very Expensive!)

Default Exterior bottom door trim (Very Expensive!)

Has anyone found a company that carries the bottom door trim piece for e34. I have found ECS Tuning sells it for $81 each door. OUCH! Any luck finding it cheaper? Pelican is $91 and bmaparts was $90's range too plus shipping. Thanks

Tickin' Red Bomb

Default That is weird

I bought all 4 last year when I redid my doors for about $80.00 in total at Knauz here in Chicago.

For such stuff which is dealer only, buy from dealer, usually cheaper than the online shops. Because companies like Pelicanparts, BMA etc. also have to buy from BMW, maybe they get a dealer discount but they add their margins too.

I have tested that now several times. For example I needed for my E32 m70 engine the intake rubber pieces and the VCV valves, Autohaus Arizona, BMA, Pelican Parts and some others which I usually check online where all more expensive than my local dealer.

Dealer prices are in such cases better than the online shops, so always check. Especially when you have to consider shipping cost and time the parts arrive from somwhere.

AGreed, mine were around 20 each so I wondered if this is what the OP was asking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 535i View Post
    I bought all 4 last year when I redid my doors for about $80.00 in total at Knauz here in Chicago.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Make sure you're asking for quotes on the standard black trim pieces, not the M-tech pieces, which are painted to match the body color. The M-tech ones are for the 8 cylinder cars, the M-cars, sport models, and all 1995 models. And unfortunately, they are about $80 a piece. Oh, and when you order those, they come unpainted, so the cost shoots up to an even more ridiculous level. I bought my black rubber pieces for my '92 from BMA a while back for $20 or $30 a piece, so I think they quoted you for the wrong car.

mine is a V8 and 94 and takes the regular black ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyM View Post
    Make sure you're asking for quotes on the standard black trim pieces, not the M-tech pieces, which are painted to match the body color. The M-tech ones are for the 8 cylinder cars, the M-cars, sport models, and all 1995 models. And unfortunately, they are about $80 a piece. Oh, and when you order those, they come unpainted, so the cost shoots up to an even more ridiculous level. I bought my black rubber pieces for my '92 from BMA a while back for $20 or $30 a piece, so I think they quoted you for the wrong car.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    For such stuff which is dealer only, buy from dealer, usually cheaper than the online shops. Because companies like Pelicanparts, BMA etc. also have to buy from BMW, maybe they get a dealer discount but they add their margins too.

Dealer prices are in such cases better than the online shops, so always check. Especially when you have to consider shipping cost and time the parts arrive from somwhere.
    bma is much cheaper than dealer for this specific piece. how do I know? I replaced mine through BMA after pricing at the dealer.

I stand corrected. Perhaps it was just 540is in 94?

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    mine is a V8 and 94 and takes the regular black ones.