GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E34 Exhaust Options

Default E34 Exhaust Options

Someone in a motorcycle rear ended me in my '93 Black 525i last week and jacked up my exhaust system. He was uninsured but I have uninsured motorist insurance.

I'll probably have around $3,700 to play with. The exhaust, bumper and gas tank were damaged.

The bumper is pretty much OK. It will have to be repainted. I was planning on doing this anyway. I probably just leave the gas tank as it is.

My indy gave me a quote to replace the exhaust from the cats back for $3,260 OEM parts and labor. I'm thinking of going to a good muffler shop I was referred to and have them do the best job they can of straightening everything out, but the muffler will probably definately have to be replaced.

I've received some suggestions: Hartge, Dinan and I beleive Sprint.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on Muffler upgrades. I'd appreciate any sources and costs also.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph View Post
    Someone in a motorcycle rear ended me in my '93 Black 525i last week and jacked up my exhaust system. He was uninsured but I have uninsured motorist insurance.

I'll probably have around $3,700 to play with. The exhaust, bumper and gas tank were damaged.

The bumper is pretty much OK. It will have to be repainted. I was planning on doing this anyway. I probably just leave the gas tank as it is.

My indy gave me a quote to replace the exhaust from the cats back for $3,260 OEM parts and labor. I'm thinking of going to a good muffler shop I was referred to and have them do the best job they can of straightening everything out, but the muffler will probably definately have to be replaced.

I've received some suggestions: Hartge, Dinan and I beleive Sprint.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on Muffler upgrades. I'd appreciate any sources and costs also.
    On my e34 535 I have an Eisenmann exhaust and it is amazing, but its a simple design so if you are looking for anything other than large polished stainless straight tips, then I would look elsewhere. But its performance and deep throaty sound are to die for, I absolutely love it. I was lucky enough to buy mine from my mechanic that had an extra that he wanted to get rid of for $350 which was a steal!.....An eisenmann exahaust costs roughly $1200 for your car .... maybe look around and you might find it cheaper but here is a start... Good luck... http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/...Code=bmw-5-e34

I have had supersprint exhausts as well, which are a bit pricey, but are worth it

Tickin' Red Bomb

See what the insurance says first... sometime they won't give you the money directly. Since the car is going to be inspected by body shop and submit estimate to insurance, they may opt to total your car instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    See what the insurance says first... sometime they won't give you the money directly. Since the car is going to be inspected by body shop and submit estimate to insurance, they may opt to total your car instead.
    I know this but that isn't what I'm asking.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

B & B Triflow is popular too, but expensive.

I like the look of Remus... I'd look at those if considering one for myself..
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sound.html

dont click them all at once
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Have heard a Remus on another M-Sport and it was awesome. Eisenmann Race mufflers are always highly praised. Would love to get the Remus for my M-Sport, but they don't seem to be making 540 systems any longer.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

I picked up a Stebro for the M5...a little more mellow then the B&B that was on it.

Anyone want to buy a B&B?

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

I might be interested in the B&B, but MA is a bit far from Hawaii, which is where you are located if I remember correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast