GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Solution for adding an AUX input to your stock BMW head unit

Default Solution for adding an AUX input to your stock BMW head unit

So in my neverending quest to add MP3 capability to my stock BMW head unit, I was browsing ebay the other day and found a seller who was selling a number of modified stock head units with aux inputs installed. I emailed him and he told me he offers this type of AUX installation as a service for a very reasonable price of $45 plus $15 return shipping. I sent my radio to him out in California and he had it back in my hands 3 days later with a very stock looking AUX port installed on the lower left corner of the unit. When I plug into this port with a 1/8 cable, it cuts out the radio and lines directly in. It sounds fantastic and works well.

If anyone wants his contact info, just PM me - I don't want to spam the board, just enthusiastic about finally solving this issue which has dogged me since I bought the car!

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    So in my neverending quest to add MP3 capability to my stock BMW head unit, I was browsing ebay the other day and found a seller who was selling a number of modified stock head units with aux inputs installed. I emailed him and he told me he offers this type of AUX installation as a service for a very reasonable price of $45 plus $15 return shipping. I sent my radio to him out in California and he had it back in my hands 3 days later with a very stock looking AUX port installed on the lower left corner of the unit. When I plug into this port with a 1/8 cable, it cuts out the radio and lines directly in. It sounds fantastic and works well.

If anyone wants his contact info, just PM me - I don't want to spam the board, just enthusiastic about finally solving this issue which has dogged me since I bought the car!
    I saw that as well. The seller responded very quickly. Just have not done the deed. Glad it worked well.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default Got any pictures of the unit?

I've wanted to do this for some time.

JD

so in my neverending quest to add mp3 capability to my stock bmw head unit, i was browsing ebay the other day and found a seller who was selling a number of modified stock head units with aux inputs installed. I emailed him and he told me he offers this type of aux installation as a service for a very reasonable price of $45 plus $15 return shipping. I sent my radio to him out in california and he had it back in my hands 3 days later with a very stock looking aux port installed on the lower left corner of the unit. When i plug into this port with a 1/8 cable, it cuts out the radio and lines directly in. It sounds fantastic and works well.

If anyone wants his contact info, just pm me - i don't want to spam the board, just enthusiastic about finally solving this issue which has dogged me since i bought the car!
    photo?
    ss2115.

BMW 525i Touring - 1993 (current drive car).
    DS23 Citroen Safari - 1974 (restoration and modifications).
    Golf MkIII - 1997 (fun car and daughters learn-to-drive car)

Sounds cool can't wait to see the photo . Glad you finally solved it, I felt badly while you were struggling there.

I had my aftermarket one done by a tv repair guy and he did a similar splice but with an rca cable coming out the back so I could run it anywhere... took me a while to decide where to put an aux jack.