GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Shogun weekend report

Default Shogun weekend report

Good weather and a long weekend.
    Nothing major except that we could eliminate the knocking noise from the rear suspension that was me .
    We found that by bouncing the rear of the car up and down we could trigger the "knock" and traced it to the left side dogbone. This was relatively new, about 5-6 months old, brand of Karlyn. using a mechnic stethoscope was really very good to find out the exact source of the noise.
    When the rear of the car bounces up and down there is a lot of twisting action at the dogbone.
    We replaced it and the knock has disappeared.
    The replaced dogbone looks perfect but something must be wrong internally.
    Write up is on the site here http://twrite.org/shogunnew/fixes/su..._the_dogbones:
    While replacing the rear shock bump stop 2 weeks ago
    see here for details http://twrite.org/shogunnew/fixes/la..._bump_stop_and
    I noticed that the plastic frame for the headrest on the left rear passenger seat was missing a clip. We made a substitute. Write up is on the site http://twrite.org/shogunnew/fixes/se..._rear_headrest
    We also
    2)replaced the original cluster (gray back) with a white cluster from a 1990 750 highline -- works like a charm except for the wrong mileage, we hope to get this reprogrammed) Suddenly I have 40.000 km more on the clock ;-) actually/real is 156 k km = 97 k miles
    3)replaced the driver side wiper blade;
    4)all door bottom seals;
    5)air ducting for the alternator new
    6)replaced the right side front indicator (broken mounts)
    - looks like someone backed into the indicator - broke the two inner plastic mounts but not the lens
    - needless to say the clip and plastic barrels for the electrical plug to the indicator fell apart (next time we will replace the plugs with the BMW part
    7) applied leather treatment to the seats.
    8) Did a headliner replacement on another members Alpina B12 5.0
    9) removed double glass windows from our parts E32 750iL made in 04/1994 and fitted to the Alpina doors. Those doors were already replaced earlier from standard to double glass doors and the complete car was repainted by a good pro shop.
    Videos of new paint polishing http://www.youtube.com/profile?gl=DE...32&view=videos

10)Also the rear electric sunshade from a the parts 750 went into the Alpina, and the softclose system for the trunk lid too.

We had a great time on the long weekend

[QUOTE=shogun;323960]replaced the original cluster (gray back) with a white cluster from a 1990 750 highline -- works like a charm except for the wrong mileage, we hope to get this reprogrammed) Suddenly I have 40.000 km more on the clock ;-) actually/real is 156 k km = 97 k miles
    [/QUOTE

Did you try to use the coding plug from the original cluster into the new one?

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob View Post

Did you try to use the coding plug from the original cluster into the new one?
    The coding plug for the grey back clusters is actually in the wiring harness and you can't really swap them like on the other clusters. My car gets 75000km younger when I swap clusters, I only use it on long trips .

Nice work shogun... when you do the odo program I will be glued to the screen.

no worry, one of these will fit I just didn't have the right one on our wrenching place
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/s...lusterstockJB1
    plus I have 2 spare clusters with grey backplate = in total 3 with the original one from the car. My buddy JB1 will fix me one of them or repair my one and I can use a grey one again with the original "chip" (HML075 in the old code plug).
    Alternatively he told me already to match me the chip of the cluster with the white back with the car data from my car, that means VIN etc and the original kilometers (plus the ones I drive in this week = abt. 300 km).
    It is his hobby to repair clusters and he sells them in the japanese auction house after repair, new capacitors etc.
    So in any case I will get my original kilometers back to some extend.
    Unfortunately ;-) tooo low to compete against the guys on this board with high mileages.
    I never can probably proudly say that my car is nearing 500.000 or something...
    Or I need a mileage tuning, from original 156.000 to let's say 456.000 hehe...