GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: £5K each for free in 2011

Default OT: £5K each for free in 2011

UK govt plans to give us £5K each if we put it towards an electric car. They havent started putting up charging points yet so I think the £5K will have to go on a very long piece of wire.

What do you mean "for free" if you're spending £5K?

EDIT: Sorry I think I was drunk when I read your post. Obviously, they will be giving YOU £5K instead of you paying THEM £5K.

Nothing more to see here in this post, move along now
    Last edited by LunatiC; 04-17-2009 at 06:49 PM.

It's time to bring back the hybrid e34 eh? a killer NiCd charged 518i with CVT. Better sell the 535 whilst I can... LOL!

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    UK govt plans to give us £5K each if we put it towards an electric car. They havent started putting up charging points yet so I think the £5K will have to go on a very long piece of wire.
    Will they give me £5k towards my XJR if I 'promise' to drive economically?
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    Provided you have a piece of wire coming out of the boot or any window you will qualify. But it must terminate in a 3 pin domestic plug. (Anyone found with a 2 pin continental plug is liable to a caution. If you are found with a US 110V plug you may have your fuse impounded) The wire must be orange so you dont drive/fall over it. Max fuse rating is 13 amp. Max length of wire is 80km. (The govt has calculated you can drive 80km before the battery goes flat. In the absence of charging stations the AA recommend you take your supply with you) For executive motors like the XJR, there is an autoreel system due out. But there are strict warnings about its use if any of the animals specified in the highway code risk injury if it is deployed

Think they'll send me a cheque if I pull the spark plugs out of my E30 318i and drive around on the starter motor?

1997 535i V8
    5spd, OBC, A/C, cruise, BMW phone, factory M-Tech wheel & suspension, 18" Alpinas

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVoorhis View Post
    Think they'll send me a cheque if I pull the spark plugs out of my E30 318i and drive around on the starter motor?
    This is covered in the regulations and you definitely qualify. But there is an advisory on fitting an anti-RSI device (Without it you would need to hold the key in the 'start' position and risk injury) Local DWP offices have authority to pay cash so no bank account is required

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    provided you have a piece of wire coming out of the boot or any window you will qualify. But it must terminate in a 3 pin domestic plug. (anyone found with a 2 pin continental plug is liable to a caution. If you are found with a us 110v plug you may have your fuse impounded) the wire must be orange so you dont drive/fall over it. Max fuse rating is 13 amp. Max length of wire is 80km. (the govt has calculated you can drive 80km before the battery goes flat. In the absence of charging stations the aa recommend you take your supply with you) for executive motors like the xjr, there is an autoreel system due out. But there are strict warnings about its use if any of the animals specified in the highway code risk injury if it is deployed
    lol! :d :d
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

You could carry an electrical generator in your trunk, and have it charge the car while parked. Or while driving too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast