GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Disconnected pipe

Default Disconnected pipe

I have a UK spec 1991 525i M50. It doesn't have air-con and is a stick shift.

Next to the heater matrix inlet there is also a 4th smaller looking pipe with a rubber end that is hanging in the engine compartment. As this is a second hand car I don't know how long it has been like that and not sure if it is supposed to be connected as cannot find any reference to this in the Bentley or Haynes manuals.

Please can someone tell me what this is supposed to be connected to something or if it is just a breather pipe for something.

Thanks
    Ian (A long time lurker on this forum that decided to register eventually ;-) )

i would suspect that it might be a hacked together exit drain for the heater core. my US airconditioning car has this right beside the transmission, but simply having it exit at the heater core pipes would be one option if there were no need for an a/c drain.

Quote Originally Posted by biondani
    I have a UK spec 1991 525i M50. It doesn't have air-con and is a stick shift.

Next to the heater matrix inlet there is also a 4th smaller looking pipe with a rubber end that is hanging in the engine compartment. As this is a second hand car I don't know how long it has been like that and not sure if it is supposed to be connected as cannot find any reference to this in the Bentley or Haynes manuals.

Please can someone tell me what this is supposed to be connected to something or if it is just a breather pipe for something.

Thanks
    Ian (A long time lurker on this forum that decided to register eventually ;-) )
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Nothing for me to worry about then, thanks for the advice .

I shall direct in downwards then, just in case, as at the moment if it drains it will spill over the +ve charging terminal in the engine bay, water + electricity don't mix well in my experience lol

Ian