GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: LCD Panel Light Question

Default LCD Panel Light Question

One of you guys might know the answer...

Recently, the LCD information panel in my gauge cluster stopped working - or at least illuminating. It came on when I started the car one day, then went off some ten minutes later (I usually run the clock while I'm driving, so I noticed when it went blank). Came on again when I started the car later in the day, but only illuminated for a few seconds before going dark.

Is the thing dead? Is there a light source I can replace? Jiggle a wire somewhere? If it is dead, does anyone have a good spare lying around? I'm in Los Angeles, btw.

Thanks.

Two bulbs light that display. You'll have to remove the cluster of course. A good opportunity to change all bulbs in order to avoid constantly changing them time and again. When one starts to fail, others will likely do the same sooner than later as bulbs tend to have the same average lifespan.

Follow this link : http://www.bmwe34.net/Wiki/tiki-inde...ard+capacitors

It will describe changing the capacitors of the cluster, but also how to change bulbs and lists what bulbs are required.

Lots of fun!

That may be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Edit: upon further inspection (in the dusk light), I could tell that the panel is indeed working, and just needs to be lit up. The link tells me exactly what I need to know. Thanks again.
    Last edited by filmy540i/6; 03-17-2009 at 09:18 PM.

i know this sounds weird but give it a try

this happened to me a while back and i thought it was a bulb...i ended up playing with it and noticed that you can program the computer but holding in the 'stick' thing by the steering wheel

push it in and then hold it for like 5-10 sec and see what happens...if you get light your good to go and do it to the remaining stats...mpg,etc but if you dont get anything than i just wasted 3 minutes of your life with this and your going to need to change the bulbs!

haha

good luck bud~!