GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Long-term OBC code setting possible?

Default Long-term OBC code setting possible?

I know how to set the OBC code - as in the security code that will prevent the car from starting even with the key... but it only stays on for a single code input.

Is there any way I can get the code to stay on permanently without having to set it each time I get out the car? I've become a bit security conscious lately... (Cue the scouser jokes!) (Yes Whisky I mean you... )

[Searched but couldn't find anything useful...]
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    I know how to set the OBC code - as in the security code that will prevent the car from starting even with the key... but it only stays on for a single code input.

Is there any way I can get the code to stay on permanently without having to set it each time I get out the car? I've become a bit security conscious lately... (Cue the scouser jokes!) (Yes Whisky I mean you... )

[Searched but couldn't find anything useful...]
    Be fair John. I didnt even know the OBC could do that. Does it also stop somebody putting the car on bricks and nicking the wheels? And your inbox is full. Probably lots of people trying to sell you some Arthur Daley type motors

Can't be done AFAIK. I have the owner's manual, and there's no other way described than to enter it manually every time. It's a good way of not forgetting your code if you only use it scarcely, I suppose.

What the CODE does :

After three failed starts (no fire without the code entered), the car will honk for 30 seconds.
    If the hood is opened with the CODE feature active, the car will honk repeatedly.
    If the code is not entered correctly after 3 tries, the car will honk repeatedly for 30 seconds.
    Last edited by BMWDriver; 03-24-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Geez, that's like violent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDriver View Post
    What the CODE does :

After three failed starts (no fire without the code entered), the car will honk for 30 seconds.
    If the hood is opened with the CODE feature active, the car will honk repeatedly.
    If the code is not entered correctly after 3 tries, the car will honk repeatedly for 30 seconds.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Geez, that's like violent!
    It is... Especially when you forgot you set the code and go to check your oil at 7am, neighbours =

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser View Post
    Does it also stop somebody putting the car on bricks and nicking the wheels?
    No, me and a piece of 2x4 do that

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDriver View Post
    Can't be done AFAIK. I have the owner's manual, and there's no other way described than to enter it manually every time. It's a good way of not forgetting your code if you only use it scarcely, I suppose.

What the CODE does :

Hmmm... Shame about that but thanks for the info! I'll save the code setting for when parking in particularly 'dodgy' areas... (Cue - Whiskychaser!)

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    Hmmm... Shame about that but thanks for the info! I'll save the code setting for when parking in particularly 'dodgy' areas... (Cue - Whiskychaser!)
    The words raise and eyebrow come to mind