GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Brake Rotors And Brake Pads!!!!!

Default I Need Brake Rotors And Brake Pads!!!!!

hey guys....like the title says....i need the goods!

I have Balos and PBR and hate them!!!! they ended up warping in like 30K which as from what i hear they should last around 60k (based on your driving style)

I looked at a couple disks in my price range but at this point I want quality without having to go to the dealership.

I liked the ATE PowerDISCS...dont know much about them but I hear that ATE is a good brand!

As far as the pads I think i'm going to bite the bullet and get the Textar or Jurids...if you know otherwise please feel free to talk me out of those and into something else with proper evidence or experience.

I have an idea of what I want but I trust you guys more than myself so please point me to the right direction!

thanks as always!!!!

ATE Powerdisc and Akebono brake pads.... nothing else.

If you are up to it... consider going 540i brake upgrade if you really want beefy brake system without going all .

I use only ATE Powerdisc and now I am firm believer of Akebono's and Bosch Ceramic pads.

They now call the Powerdiscs... Premium One.

regular brembo rotors and the bavarian autosport red pads have been working great for me in the rear, I have akebono pads up front and a BMW rotor.

I was thinking about the 540i brakes but thats a little too much work for me as i would have to upgrade my rims to accommodate the larger rotors too...right?

well the beast has like 171 on it so i want to spend the least amount of money on it yet still be efficient...

and hey...i might be seeing a 2003 540i M in my near future or better yet a 2003 M3...but hey I have a feeling that thats going to be a totally different thread all by itself!

as far as those pads go...they sound extreme...how much are they? do they need to be warmed up like racing pads?

How do you compare them to the Tex and Jurd stated above?

540i brake is still 15" wheels... Upgrading to M5 will require 16" wheels or bigger.

Jurid and Textar is standard BS dusty pads.

now i recall that a long time ago someone told me that i need to get soft pads with soft rotors and hard pads with hard rotors...

does that hold any water?

which rotors and pads are which?

oh and ps i just did some research on the ATE Powers and people are saying that they warped around 10k and they had better experience with the stock rotors....WTF

I am so lost and confused....

I am considering the Akabono (or whatever pads) as long as they dont sqeek, warp rotors, dont need to be warmed up, etc

There are alot of people who misunderstood brake system. Forget what you learn from others. Just don't use stock stuff!

I prefer slotted over cross drilled... would never install stock rotors period. Too much performance difference between slotted and plain jane.

Akebono is ceramic pad... zero dust, zero warmup and zero squeek. If you want to save money, then Bosch Ceramic pads at your local stores if not online... and last choice is PBR Ultimate ceramic... these are a bit dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    There are alot of people who misunderstood brake system. Forget what you learn from others. Just don't use stock stuff!

I prefer slotted over cross drilled... would never install stock rotors period. Too much performance difference between slotted and plain jane.

Akebono is ceramic pad... zero dust, zero warmup and zero squeek. If you want to save money, then Bosch Ceramic pads at your local stores if not online... and last choice is PBR Ultimate ceramic... these are a bit dusty.

oooooooooo Tiger i love the slap in my face info!!! GIVE ME MORE! lol

well I think i have the pads down...now can you point me towards the rotors...can you give me 3 diff options if possible...rank them if you can!

thanks man!!!

and everyone else that helped!

Go w/ Brembo rotors & Akebone Euro Ultra Premium pads

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Holy crap! Discs that expensive?! That's a piece of cake then... there is only one that I would buy.

Ate Premium One. $72 front at BMA.

Rear discs is 25% of brake force... so OP Parts is what I would use there... $28 a side. You can always buy Premium One for rear but you will have to buy elsewhere... Alot of time I just use standard for rear. unless I can get them at reasonable price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast