GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 92 bmw 525i

Default 92 bmw 525i

Hey guys, I get up to about 45mph and it feels like the car is going to shake to death.. Yes I got new tires and had them balanced and re-balanced thinkin that was the problem but it stills does the shake. ith the new tires on I noticed it likes to drift alittle. I am looking at new structs and tie rod.

thrust arm bushings
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bad2buck View Post
    Hey guys, I get up to about 45mph and it feels like the car is going to shake to death.. Yes I got new tires and had them balanced and re-balanced thinkin that was the problem but it stills does the shake. ith the new tires on I noticed it likes to drift alittle. I am looking at new structs and tie rod.
    Stock rims? Centering rings missing or incorrectly fitted?

Did the problem exist previously? Not much info to go on here...

Brian

It could also be a stuck caliper (though less likely). Does it pull to one side more than the other? Is the shaking more apparent in the seat or the steering wheel?---is it coming from the rear or front? I figure if the problem was a faulty tire, the shop guys would have noticed when they were balancing it. We could definitely help you more if you gave us more info. Does the shaking smooth out above 50mph?

I had to take it back in because the shop counter balanced my tires!!! Yes, They did!! and guess what it is still there shaking at 50 so bad that I dont dare go over that. it seems to pull to the right more and feels kinda heavy on that side. shaking is apparent in the steering wheel more than the seat. i am thinkin about taking it in tomarrow to have a free look at.

Go around the car after a bit of driving and compare the temperature of each wheel. Does one hub seem warmer than the others? Is there a metallic smell? I would have the shop take a peek at your calipers just incase.