GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: A/C Allways on

Default A/C Allways on

I did a search and came up with nothing.

In my new 1993 525i (M50) the A/C is on when I start the car, even though the light on the switch is off. I turn on the switch and the green light turns on and the A/C is still on.

If I turn on and off the switch several times, the compressor will finally turn off. Any similar experiences or advice?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph View Post

In my new 1993 525i (M50) the A/C is on when I start the car, even though the light on the switch is off. I turn on the switch and the green light turns on and the A/C is still on.

If I turn on and off the switch several times, the compressor will finally turn off. Any similar experiences or advice?
    I had a similar problem years back. I changed my A/C control unit (sword was fine) #1 in real oem http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...68&hg=64&fg=45

here's a picture

http://i22.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/2c/66/5179_1.JPG

i think there's two types, one for with auto climate control and the other for without.
    Last edited by bmwrp8; 02-26-2009 at 07:45 AM.

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

A couple of possible causes, first if the rotary temp knob for the drivers side is set to full cold it will turn the compressor on regardless of the light
    To turn the compressor off you have to rotate it clockwise just enough that its not on that detent.
    Next , on the newer cars if i recall correctly the compressor automatically comes on for a short period on startup and then shuts off after a time, just to circulate oil and refrigerant in the system.

Thank you both for your responces. Just a little issue to straighten out.

It's kind of wierd. I kind of enjoy taking a new car (To Me) and ironing out a few issues and getting this car right. Is that kind of wierd?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Thank you both for your responces. Just a little issue to straighten out.

It's kind of wierd. I kind of enjoy taking a new car (To Me) and ironing out a few issues and getting this car right. Is that kind of wierd?
    NO! you gain new knowledge with that esp.when you have a problem that took you a lot of time and effort to find out what it was then you solved it. love that feeling

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl