GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Very bad situation

Default Very bad situation

I was having some problems with my turn signals and in the process of trying to fix them, the black relay next to the ccm fried. So I figure I'll get a new one tomorrow. Later on in the night it starts to rain so I run out to close the sunroof and it didn't make the usual lock sound. The sunroof never closed, so i think to myself. uh oh... Try to unlock with my remote... nothing. Go to emergency unlock... nothing!!! and i also left my jump box in the car...

what was that relay for? and how do I get in my car??

[QUOTE=///and how do I get in my car??[/QUOTE]

2 options:

AAA - $100

Brick - Free

on a serious note...sorry to hear about your tough day!

Try the key on passenger side with unlocking. Lift the door handle, wiggle it a bit, no need to pull up strong, you have to find the soft spot where the key turns further.

For all this the control is done by the GM via the RM. The GM is responsible for the ZKE, which includes in this case the door locking, sunroof, windows
    Maybe a fuse problem now because of the other relay.

Already tried the passenger door unlock, nothing, just small clicks. My sunroof is in the tilt position and i have an opening where the ski bag would be. No way i can fit. I tried putting a 12vdc current to the trunk lights but no luck.

Why wouldn't the passenger emergency unlock work? It has before. My car may have been double locked prior to this situation, will that affect the manual unlock procedure?
    Last edited by ///Sniper535; 02-12-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Try the driver door too with the key.
    It should not matter if double lock or single lock (as far as i remember(?)), with the key emergency way it should open, unless something permanently locks/blocks.

No way to go with a thin long wire rod with hook thru the sunroof opening to try to pull up a pin/ Maybe not double locked. If double locked, no way from inside with pins.

oh my car, the manual unlock isn't present on the driver side.

I fiddle with almost every combination of turning the key and lifting the handle, and still nothing! I can turn my parking lights on with my remote and the trunk lights turn on when the trunk is open, but after tapping the termnials with a 12vdc source they turn on no more. I don't know what else I can do.

I suspect your best bet will be to get the bonnet open, which should be possible without too much damage. Then you will be able to get most of the electrics and the battery (or battery boost connector if it's newer). I don't know that this will fix your problem, but it seems like the next easiest options you have.

hth

sal

how exactly do I do that?

So I managed to rig open my car via the tilted sunroof with a hanger while trying to manuallly unlock the car. Took an exra set of hands of course. Battery was fine, but I'm going ot assume it was the black relay left of the CCM because all the fuses seem to be fine. So right now, i don't have functioning hazard/turn signals, locks and windows.