I posted about this not long ago but I really need to address it. This is not my everyday car and with so many, I really only drive it a few times a month. I plan on driving it more, but this trans problem is also preventing me from doing so.

Here it is again.

I do not think that temp. is a factor as it was about 45º this morning. I let the car warm up for about 8 minutes while I waited with my daughter at the bus stop. When I got in the car and put it in gear, it pulled away but really slowly. After a few seconds it was fine. Kinda like it needed to build up pressure. I drove it the 5 miles to work with no hesitation or pulling problems. I got on it a few time and all seemed fine. When I got to work and put it into reverse, it would only barely back up so I pulled around to another spot, tried it again and then gave up and pulled head in.

Brief history.

Car sat for about 6 years in friends driveway. It was his daily driver and he is the original owner. 142,000 miles of which I have driven 1000 and there have not been any problems until late. I did not do any maintenance to the transmission when I got it. Should I have and if so what? I had a similar problem in the OD unit on my MG and it turned out to be about $12 in o-rings and about an hour's work dropping tha cover on the OD unit and pulling out the solenoid to replace 5 differnt rings. Could this be something fairly easy that I can just drop the pan, replace a few o-rings and then replace filter, gasket and fluid? Could it be as easy as just a filter and fluid change? The PO does not recall any work done to the trans and he is still trying to locate his folder of reciepts.

Any into would be a major help to me.

Thanks
Vince