GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chip install problem help!!!!

Default Chip install problem help!!!!

I have already emailed Mark but I was hoping one of you guys could help me quicker. I went to install Marks chip and remove a Turner chip. Everything went good but with Marks chip the car wouldnt crank. I turned the chip around and still no ignition. So I reinstalled the Turner chip and the car fired right up. I want to try Marks chip because I have heard from you guys it is the bomb. Please help if this has happened to you please let me know what to do.

Sorry don't know what to tell you . you are sure you are removing the right chip?
    I just passed my smog test yesterday with Mark's Chip here in Southern California ( actually I had no doubt it would)

The first attempt at installing mine, it also would not start. I removed and took a close look and discovered I had bent one of the prongs during installation , gently bent it back into position and reinstalled the chip sucessfully!
    HTH
    Mike

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

Default Hard to say what may have caused initial problem, but

Now that you have installed the chip backwards and put power to it, I would say that may be the end of the road for that chip, and you are VERY lucky your car still starts with the JC chip. I would not take any futher action until you consult with Mark. Never put in a chip backwards. The notches very clearly indicate the one and only correct alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by THUCK
    I have already emailed Mark but I was hoping one of you guys could help me quicker. I went to install Marks chip and remove a Turner chip. Everything went good but with Marks chip the car wouldnt crank. I turned the chip around and still no ignition. So I reinstalled the Turner chip and the car fired right up. I want to try Marks chip because I have heard from you guys it is the bomb. Please help if this has happened to you please let me know what to do.

I'd talk to Mark about re-burning your chip. You most probably zapped it when you installed it backwards.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Spray paint your pads, rotors and caliphers while you wait for Mark to reply. (KIDDING)

On a more serious note, I believe he is in Germany for a week (I think he checks emails while he's on the road).

Mark help please I emailed you but no response...

Marks is drinking warm beer and checkin out them german dancin ladies, he will get with you...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by THUCK
    Mark help please I emailed you but no response...
    Is your name Chris H?
    (He emailed a few days ago when I was in Germany, and I replied from Hamburg, but my response is bouncing back saying "sending address refused"

I also left a voicemail on the cellphone.

Please send another email with telephone number if you are not Chris H.

Thanks

Mark

Mark I am Ted Huckabee I resent the email. My cell phone number will be sent too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast