GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT Question, I now have 5 printers, I just bought one of these

Default OT Question, I now have 5 printers, I just bought one of these

epson printers that prints blank cd's, dvd's....Any of you that have one of these , how long do you typically wait for the ink to dry on the cd before handling it? Also a short poll of what are your favorite printers and why?
    Thanks,

I print labels on my Epson, I leave them to dry for about 10 min.
    Favorite printer: HP Laserjet 5M with Ethernet.. a bulletproof workhorse.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Default I currently use the HP Deskjet 900 series. They are...

a bit expensive but the print quality is good, the are reliable and the ink seems to last longer than other printers here. The drawback is that it prints slow especially if it's a color print.

The Lexmark Laser printer is another good one with nice features but is somewhat bulky which is a drawback.

I like HP LaserJets, we have an army of them here. My favorite is the 5Si with Mopier, followed by the 8x00 series all with built in JetDirects. The ones I don't like are the original Color LaserJet...the damn thing weighs more than me, takes about 20 minutes to warm up and spews enough hot air to make any politician look good.

The printers I don't like are the LexMark lasers....I've had a time with them and our unix printing (their HP emu sucks). Brother lasers are ok, you can get one for cheap.

I think the best printers ever made where the Oki dot matrix, we have one here that's been in use daily since I sold it to them in 1996 and only needs a ribbon change every month or so along with a few shots of compressed air.

best printers evah.....HP laserjets based on the LX and SX engines....in other words, laserjet II-III and IIIp's. i had at least 4 of them....parts failures could be fixed with a soldering iron until parts could arrive/pounding of a fist in a pinch...had to throw a couple away because i didn't have room for them anymore. only gripe is that as they are late 80's early 90's technology (like e34's) they use a bit more power than the 4's and 5's and they tend not to go faster than 8 pages a minute...seen one with a million pages on the counter, real reliable.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Actually i'm talking about more along the lines of the cheapo inkjet crop that

are out there now.... for example the cheapest printer i have is the canon 470d... it was 30 bucks after the rebate... ink is 6 bucks for genuine canon on ebay.. and prints work invoices and 8x10 borderless color glossies just fine...or the canon i850 that i have that prints about 16 to 20 pages per min... in the normal print mode.. or the hp 990 that i have that has the paper reversing mechanism to print both sides.. You get the idea, the typical printer you're likely to find in peoples homes or small offices.. not the networked lasers that you find in larger companies and corps.....
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    best printers evah.....HP laserjets based on the LX and SX engines....in other words, laserjet II-III and IIIp's. i had at least 4 of them....parts failures could be fixed with a soldering iron until parts could arrive/pounding of a fist in a pinch...had to throw a couple away because i didn't have room for them anymore. only gripe is that as they are late 80's early 90's technology (like e34's) they use a bit more power than the 4's and 5's and they tend not to go faster than 8 pages a minute...seen one with a million pages on the counter, real reliable.

I just got the HP photosmart 7960. It is fast and has room for 3 cartridges to reside in the printer at all times. That means no switching cartridges to print photos then documents. It is fast and, so far, reliable. The price just dropped to $229.00 for this one. The ink is typical HP, expensive because it includes the inkjets.
    Scott
    Wilmington, NC

01 525iA For Sale
    Coming Soon: 2005 X3 3.0i
    05 Jeep GCL HEMI
    85 318iA SOLD
    96 Jeep GCL SOLD

Or the LexMark that was 30.00...and cost 40.00 to buy inks for. :P I had one, after 300 pages you needed more ink, it was cheaper to go to Kinko's to print then use that POS.

go buy another $30 printer with a fresh ink and sell the old one on ebay to someone who doesn't know better, unless the new one don't come with a ink tank, then that screws the whole deal

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    Or the LexMark that was 30.00...and cost 40.00 to buy inks for. :P I had one, after 300 pages you needed more ink, it was cheaper to go to Kinko's to print then use that POS.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it