GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT you have to see this!

Default OT you have to see this!

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Very cool. Very fast.

"I live in the sticks, stuffs gota make noise"

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Looking closer at the site i clicked more info... they have an electric drag racing association! I am curious about everything now, transmission? gearing? I want one LOL

http://www.nedra.com/
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

wow 11.5 seconds for the 1/4 mile is extremely quick.

Wonder if it corners like Scalextric too. Can I have the M3 if you guys dont want it?

Technology is moving fast these days, we'll have 'proper' electric cars in the showrooms at reasonable prices in the next 2 years (none of this £100k stuff or a crappy gwizz), that leaves more petrol for the rest of us

I think it was Jay Leno who said the electric car may be the saviour of the gas guzzler, we'd drive electric for our commute during the week leaving the door open for the exotic stuff at weekends!
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

That car is featured in last months "Retro Car" magazine (Issue 7) for any one interested..

He has two of them. Both very impressive and quick.
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

Default "Not one ounce of emissions"

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    How about the reporter has not one ounce of intelligence?

All of that electricity used to charge the 'White Zombie' came from somewhere, right? Usually some thing got burned to heat water to steam-power a turbine-connected generator right? (I'm not getting into the limited fresh water deal here..)

Now, if the obviously smart and talented car innovator used nothing but solar energy to recharge his battery setup, then he is on to something with less of a 'carbon' footprint.

But there is no escaping the huge amounts of energy expended to create things anymore. From mining the ore to make the metal to actually using the end machine, countless carbon 'beasties' get released into the atmosphere.

Having said that, I would like to hear that GTO make a run with me at the wheel!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bsell View Post

All of that electricity used to charge the 'White Zombie' came from somewhere, right? Usually some thing got burned to heat water to steam-power a turbine-connected generator right? (I'm not getting into the limited fresh water deal here..)

Now, if the obviously smart and talented car innovator used nothing but solar energy to recharge his battery setup, then he is on to something with less of a 'carbon' footprint.

But there is no escaping the huge amounts of energy expended to create things anymore. From mining the ore to make the metal to actually using the end machine, countless carbon 'beasties' get released into the atmosphere.

Having said that, I would like to hear that GTO make a run with me at the wheel!

Brian
    It depends where you live. Where I am from, Quebec, all electricity is generated by hydro. 95 percent of it. We have sooo much power that we sell it to many New England states.

There is an environmental impact on the land that was flooded for the projects, but it's zero emissions.

Totally true that most of our power comes from burning carbon, but it won't forever.

Electrics make good engineering sense. You're separating power generation from the device that consumes the power. That lets you upgrade either one independently. Some day we'll have renewable power. We'll be glad we spent $$$ now perfecting the technology and getting the distribution infrastructure in place. When clean power comes along, you just unplug the coal power plant and plug in the solar power station....you don't have to go and upgrade each and every car.

Plus, if you've never driven an electric, let me just say, 100% torque from 0 RPM = FUN city driving, even in the crappy fuel cell powered focus I got to drive a year or two ago. Oh, and electric cars have tons of tuning potential (as the video shows)...they're simpler and more modular and presumably more reliable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast