GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: WTB: Need part from E34 / M5 sport seat

Default WTB: Need part from E34 / M5 sport seat

Happen to be sitting on a basket of E34 sport seat parts?

Here's what I need - on the front sliding bolster, on the bottom, there is a plastic guide piece that holds the bolster to the guide rail. Need one. It's riveted to the frame so I'd be happy to work with you on some creative removal plans. As best I can tell, it's not an orderable part.

On the other hand, if anyone knows the part number for this little gizmo, I'd be most appreciative. And no, the one from the E30 sport seats don't work.

Jeff
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

It this somethat can be fabricated-perhaps from another material? Just a thought.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default that's a less desireable plan b

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    It this somethat can be fabricated-perhaps from another material? Just a thought.
    I'd prefer to just get the right part if I could. But yes, I have considered trying to fabricate the required item.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
    I'd prefer to just get the right part if I could. But yes, I have considered trying to fabricate the required item.
    Yes you could turn down a piece of delrin i'm sure that will be a great fix. I dont know what the piece looks like or size but I have a 2 lathes and a mill from my father and have made many little things like that. You dont use the machines all the time but when you do you sure are glad you can. Just a thought.
    Johan

Default right. I'd love to have resources like that....

...the ability and skill to fab up parts would be wonderful. You could likely build it from a small delrin block. It's about the size of a large postage stamp. Maybe I can post a picture in a couple days...

Quote Originally Posted by h2oyo View Post
    Yes you could turn down a piece of delrin i'm sure that will be a great fix. I dont know what the piece looks like or size but I have a 2 lathes and a mill from my father and have made many little things like that. You dont use the machines all the time but when you do you sure are glad you can. Just a thought.
    Johan
    Bellevue WA