GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My E34 is gone... No longer a BMW owner.

Default My E34 is gone... No longer a BMW owner.

My E34 535i sold today, therefore ending my stint as a BMW owner.

I wish to thank all the members of this board who directly, or indirectly helped me solve a few issues with the car in my 5 years of ownership.. couldn't have done it without you!!

I still love E34s, and when the time arises, rest assured that I'll have another one!! Then, I'll be back here, pestering you all again for answers!!

Once more, many thanks for the help and countless hours of amusement!!

Nick.Hay

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Congrats man, what'd you get to replace it?

Attack Eagle's alter Ego.

Nick, dont go away you add a bunch to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay View Post
    My E34 535i sold today, therefore ending my stint as a BMW owner.

I wish to thank all the members of this board who directly, or indirectly helped me solve a few issues with the car in my 5 years of ownership.. couldn't have done it without you!!

I still love E34s, and when the time arises, rest assured that I'll have another one!! Then, I'll be back here, pestering you all again for answers!!

Once more, many thanks for the help and countless hours of amusement!!

Nick.Hay
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The poor E34 was just sitting on the roadside, not getting any attention, and falling into disrepair. I didn't have the $$ to maintain it, and keep it in the condition I want to... so it had to go

Simply a toy I couldn't keep.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Congrats man, what'd you get to replace it?
    A 1990 Volvo 240 GL Wagon!! Its white, in brilliant condition, and a 5speed. It is more practical than the BMW (being a wagon), and its a manual (as my partner is learning to drive).

Mind you, it'll get lowered, all new bushes, big brakes, bigger swaybars, a nice exhaust, Bilstein B6 shocks, and some nice front buckets...

And then...

Cheers Mate
    Stop back once in a while
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

I had one of those wagons. First car I ever just abandoned on the side of the highway. Forever.

how much was it sold for?

Hey all,

As Ross suggested, I'm just popping in to see how everyone is, and see how many of the old crew are still kicking about these days!!

Kris, the ol' girl sold for $6k. She had issues with the headlights, windows, central locking all randomly not working. I imagine it was a fusible link issue or LKM, but I'd had enough of it, and was not financially able to repair the fault. She also needed a new rear muffler.

So I decided to cut my losses... More than a solitary tear as she drove away that day!! :'(

However, the Volvo goes from strength to strength.

With all this lovely colourful stuff under the front and back, with Bilstein B6 shocks and all new poly (and selected rubber) bushes, it doesn't handle like a boat anymore!!

Ride height is 40mm lower than standard, and front springs are 250lb, meaning the perfect compromise between sensible European grocery-getter, and mad wet road drifter!!

I still miss my E34 on a daily basis (thank god I don;t see it very often), and as soon as finances permit, there WILL be another E34 in my life. Possibly a Touring!!

But for now, the Volvo is the right vehicle for the little lady and me.

ANyway, just a quick one to say Hi, and wish you all well!! I WILL be back eventually

And then...

Interesting suspension bits for that hauler. Do they come in any others colors though? Looks like an easter egg under there.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

We've had a Volvo wagon in the house forever. First wagon was a 78 240 5 speed. Still have a 93 940 wagon at 180k miles. It gets the least amount of attention of my fleet but always runs. The engine compartment has huge voids everything is accessible. If you forget to replace the timing belt every 60k miles and it breaks. No problem. It won't start but there is no damage to the engine.

There are a few deficient items on the 240 inherent in the design. If you have small kids the center console between the two front seats will likely have been crushed by them climbing from the rear seats to the front. It is flimsy. You will also have to address the frayed wiring to the rear gate due to age if you haven't already. And the stick type fuse is a dinasour. I'd recommend you check all fuses and replace all with aluminum filament to ones using copper. Years ago I had a no start on a 83 240 wagon I eventually traced to a bad, but not burned, aluminum fuse which you would not have noticed without using a magnifying glass.

It is a rattling tin can but runs forever.
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast