GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Trans Program message

Default Trans Program message

The Trans Program message appeared on my dash 6 times this past week. The first 4 times it was during a 40 mile trip on a highway, coasting at about 70MPH, 30 minutes into the trip. The 5th time was during a left turn, and the 6th time (today) was during braking at a red light.

After shutting the car off and then restarting, the problem goes away. It only occured one time each day. The car is a 92 525i w/ 141k miles. I spoke to my mechanic and he's pretty sure it's going to be a rebuild $1700. He wants to check the fluid level tommorow.

Could this be anything else? The tranny shifts perfectly w/o the message displayed. The rear seal and fluids were done about 20k miles ago on this tranny.

I had same problem took it to the dealer found out it was low trans fluid (2 quarts)

sounds low to me also...hope your mechanic is honest with you!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

theres a fuse link (50amp) about 5 inches from the battery going toward the front of the car, u have to lift the rear carpet, check that first coz i had the same problem on my 535 auto. also check the battery clamp is tihgt as its probly moving.

I had the same message, on 60 mile trips. It continued to happen until I re built the transmission. It cost me $2,400 for the rebuild. After rebuilding I realized how bad my transmission was. There was always a little slip between gears that I had just gotten used to.

Default Go to www.bmwe34.net to see my writeup

I had this same problem for a while. Since I've already written it once, I'm not going to go into it again. Go to www.bmwe34.net. Bruno listed my writeup there. Look under the "troubleshooting" tab.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
    1991 535i

Hi,
    Turns out some of the wires to the tranny control box had become corroded. Mechanic took apart the connectors, cleaned them up, and my Tran Prog went away...for about 1 year. When it came back I opened the access box (in hood on right side) and re-seated the connector. Problem went away.
    Easy fix and worth a try before spending alot.
    -Dave

i'd do the stomp test right away and see if any "engine" parts have registered a code during the same time. if so, and they are relatable, then its likely not your transmission.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default 4l30e trans

i have trans for sale 500 .00 came out of 525 4l30e also have comp dimsum29@hotmail.com 954 2985602 dimitri