GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Since the poor old 535 is still

Default Since the poor old 535 is still

waiting for the injectors to arrive, i ended up replacing the power steering reservoir, the power steering hoses, the brake booster check valve and hoses, various cooling system hoses and it now has its first ever batch of prestone extended life coolant instead of my usual bmw blue coolant....pulled the molding of the doors and body side and the black strips off the bumper so far.... trying to remove anything i don't want the painter to paint.
    Used the bosch plug wires instead of the bremi's since i could get the bosch for alot less... turns out they have bremi ends on them anyway. I didn't like the housing that bosch uses to route the wires so i ended up using the old oem bmw housing which my distributor cap cover meshes into..
    I think some of Gordon or Jon is rubbing off on me since after i adjusted the valves i ended up painting the valve cover and then removing the paint on the bmw and the lines on the cover....

"I think some of Gordon or Jon is rubbing off on me since after i adjusted the valves i ended up painting the valve cover and then removing the paint on the bmw and the lines on the cover...."
    This is the first sign of illness, Bill. Immediately spill some oil in the engine compartment and allow it to collect some dirt and dust. A few sloppily placed wire ties and some duct tape on the intake boot will help to mitigate your previous action.
    We're here for you.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Default It might be too late Ross, I installed the

brake booster check valve using regular hose clamps on the hoses and after i was done i looked at it and said "that looks crappy" so next thing i realize i went out of my way to pickup some crimp clamps that fit the hose exactly so it looked original.... normally i would never have done this to my own car, i would have used the ideal hose clamps since they work and are readily available.... then i called up Patrick to order one of the side moldings on the front fender and before i knew it I had ordered all the side molding on the car.... I'm going to go spill a pint of 90wt gear lube in the engine compartment before its too late...

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    "I think some of Gordon or Jon is rubbing off on me since after i adjusted the valves i ended up painting the valve cover and then removing the paint on the bmw and the lines on the cover...."
    This is the first sign of illness, Bill. Immediately spill some oil in the engine compartment and allow it to collect some dirt and dust. A few sloppily placed wire ties and some duct tape on the intake boot will help to mitigate your previous action.
    We're here for you.

Gordon...hehe.. I miss that guy.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy