GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bimmer fashion question, to 'clear' or not to.

Default Bimmer fashion question, to 'clear' or not to.

Front corners....
    I’ve heard they look better on certain colors. Or is it universal.
    What about smoked lenses?
    With Helga looking sleeker with euro bumper trim and Rolf sporting euro ellipsoids, they might benefit (aesthetically) from these.
    I’ll probably keep amber in the rear or go ALL red with some tint.

Helga...

Rolf

Hang up & Drive!
    94 BMW 530iT&A 140K, ‘Helga’ ( Shleppen Schnell mit “Musique ... nonstop” *dances* )
    92 BMW 325i 160K, ‘Rolf’ ( Euro vision equipped *woot* )
    93 Datsun NX2000 190K ‘Carla’ ( Uber heated seat & rust holes *shakes head* )
    85 Toyo MR2 140K ‘Jerry’ ( Showcar/track toy, killer mpg, way more fun than a prius *grin* )

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

Not.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Only with an oversize exhaust tip
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

I personally think clear blinkers don't make the E34 look as dated. That's my personal opinion though.

If I were you, I would do front clears and all red rears (I've heard that touring clear rears are rarer than hens' teeth). The smoked lenses only look good in my opinion with Alpineweiss or Diamantschwartz. Note that there's a difference between smoked and BLACK, which I don't like at all.

With the E36, I would leave it with ambers at the front, and colour-code the front bar. It looks like a taxi with the grey lower bar part.

[IMG][/IMG]

Chef Paul...
    I think Helga would look good with clears in the front and a set of repeaters on the side fender also in clear like the '95 model. It accents the wheels and causes the eye to follow the lines of the car, which are by the way, beautiful...but that is just my opinion and doesn't necessarily reflect the views of this board..

Hope you had a Merry Christmas Paul...and here's a toast to warmer times of days gone by...Peace be with you this New Year my friend.

I changed all of the amber on my car (front & rear turns, and fender mounted repeaters) to factory clears. Didn't go for any of that aftermarket ricey crap. Yes, it wasn't cheap. But it made the car look a lot better, and a bit more modern.

And it should be noted that my car is Cosmos Black Metallic. Which is why I found the amber to be so nasty as it was such a contrast to the dark paint..

I also have the Euro bumper trim. Car looks much better without the bumper lights & amber blinkers...
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

I like my clears, wouldn't go back to orange. It's largely a question of personal taste.

it is all personal. I think with the color on my car and clears makes the car look newer but still yet much more classy than any other foreign vehicle. To me it just adds to the everlasting classyness of the BMW. I would recommend pulling a couple pics up into photosho and making your own decision. No one will get pissed off for clearing anything... as said it is a personal preference.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by LunatiC View Post
    I personally think clear blinkers don't make the E34 look as dated. That's my personal opinion though.

If I were you, I would do front clears and all red rears (I've heard that touring clear rears are rarer than hens' teeth). The smoked lenses only look good in my opinion with Alpineweiss or Diamantschwartz. Note that there's a difference between smoked and BLACK, which I don't like at all.

With the E36, I would leave it with ambers at the front, and colour-code the front bar. It looks like a taxi with the grey lower bar part.
    they just went back into production at radicast, so you can get them again.
    clears look good on blue and silver cars... maybe white too. otherwise I like ambers (or smoked on black)

clear
    -Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast