GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Trunk Lock Not Opening With Key

Default Trunk Lock Not Opening With Key

It has had this issue for a long time . I just never lock it. Tonight I had something in it I wanted locked in so I went to examine the lock to see if I could figure it out.. The arm which the Key Ought to Operate,which moves the slider underneath and out from underneath the lever which unlatches the trunk when you press the Button WILL and DOES move when I move it by hand from up inside the trunk but the Key doesn't turn it.It just feels stuck. Won't budge . I know you're supposed to turn it to the left first then right but it just doesn't move either way . I accidentally shut the trunk without sliding the arm back in place where it can pop the latch so I am for the moment unable to open my Trunk. Several times in the past I have just with sheer dumb luck and after just standing there trying to move the key gotten it to turn but I want to know if the tumbler inside is faulty necessitating the replacement of the mechanism or am I overlooking something? Perhaps some remote key related step..
    Last edited by Jehu; 05-07-2009 at 10:03 AM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Default Try re-synching the locks at the passenger door again.

This may help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    It has had this issue for a long time . I just never lock it. Tonight I had something in it I wanted locked in so I went to examine the lock to see if I could figure it out.. The arm which the Key Ought to Operate,which moves the slider underneath and out from underneath the lever which unlatches the trunk when you press the Button WILL and DOES move when I move it by hand from up inside the trunk but the Key doesn't turn it.It just feels stuck. Won't budge . I know you're supposed to turn it to the left first then right but it just doesn't move either way . I accidentally shut the trunk without sliding the arm back in place where it can pop the latch so I am for the moment unable to open my Trunk. Several times in the past I have just with sheer dumb luck and after just standing there trying to move the key gotten it to turn but I want to know if the tumbler inside is faulty necessitating the replacement of the mechanism or am I overlooking something? Perhaps some remote key related step..