GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: radio and other electronics keep on turning off

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss View Post
    okay I looked at Bruno's website and looked at my car, where is the fuseable link located, next to the battery (which I couldn't see) or in the engine compartment?
    there are two in mine, but the battery in my car is in the engine compartment.

this is the 80A link before/after

there is a 50A one under my rear seat, near where the battery is on most cars. looks the same except the wire leading to it is red.
    there is also the power link in the plastic box maybe needs a look. i'll have photos of that fix later today...

edit- here ya go... kriss, if i can find it, you can find it!

the link is underneath the heatwrap on the red cable.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by tim eh?; 11-22-2008 at 11:12 AM.

thanks tim, i will look tomorrow, its 3am now

Nice pics, Tim.
    Can you upload them on photobucket or imageshack with a link, I would like to use the pics on a German board to show the locations, because this question often comes because many people cannot find them. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    Nice pics, Tim.
    Can you upload them on photobucket or imageshack with a link, I would like to use the pics on a German board to show the locations, because this question often comes because many people cannot find them. Thanks
    Thanks! I will post them together in a new thread ...

thanks Erich, I will look tomorrow. Its off almost all the time (I mean the electronics for the radio and windscreen wipers). Do I buy the fusable link from BMW, or is it a generic part that I can purchase from a electronics store?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss View Post
    thanks Erich, I will look tomorrow. Its off almost all the time (I mean the electronics for the radio and windscreen wipers). Do I buy the fusable link from BMW, or is it a generic part that I can purchase from a electronics store?
    i found generic ones at an auto parts store easy, i don't think electronics store will have fuses that big but maybe. you just need a really big fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post

E32 has even 2 of them, same like the E31.
    we have two also... soon to be posted in serious detail on my forthcoming 'things newbies can do to their e34 for less than $20' website... but i have posted what i have on a new thread here for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by tim eh? View Post
    i found generic ones at an auto parts store easy, i don't think electronics store will have fuses that big but maybe. you just need a really big fuse.

we have two also... soon to be posted in serious detail on my forthcoming 'things newbies can do to their e34 for less than $20' website... but i have posted what i have on a new thread here for the time being.

i just thought of this... so you know those links are riveted! so you need to either cut the wire and attach new ring terminals (what i did) or find a way to connect the new fuse to the old rings, which looks like it would be difficult, but very possible.

the wire is 6 guage wire.

Quote Originally Posted by tim eh? View Post
    i just thought of this... so you know those links are riveted! so you need to either cut the wire and attach new ring terminals (what i did) or find a way to connect the new fuse to the old rings, which looks like it would be difficult, but very possible.

the wire is 6 guage wire.
    Wouldn't be difficult at all. Drill out the rivet, re-rivet it with an aluminum rivet. Would probably take longer to re-heatshrink it than drill & re-riveting it.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast