GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I might buy this 7 long. Your opinion

Default I might buy this 7 long. Your opinion

Posting here because the 7 forum is quiet

What do you think about this car for 1500 euros (a lil more in dollars)

manual
    3L
    Long one.
    OBC, ABS, AC, Electrical SunRoof
    1989 250K kilometers. I guess it is a M30. So I heard the block is pretty solid so this should be ok. for this price I'm really tempted. Phoned the guy but got an answering machine. It is surely a gas guzzler but it looks awesome. It is also sweet that there is no airbags. I hate airbags as a DIY and safe driver.

it looks like a big big E34, my favorite chassis. I have an E30 and E34. And the E34 is definitely my favorite over the E30

Looks nice, see how she drives, that will tell you if its good or to walk away.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

It is a 730 with M30B30 straight six engine. 1.500 EURO might be o.k. for Belgium, if the car was serviced good and there is no backlog with maintenance such as the complete front axle, upper arms etc., basically the same linke on the E34.
    See my website below under before you buy, there is all written.
    Manual gear is a +, as these are seldom, even in Europe.
    Technical data are here
    http://www.7-forum.com/modelle/e32/technische_daten.php

If it is an L, it has hydraulic rear self levelling. LAD shocks are not the cheapest, but are usually repairable. Hopefully it has no EDC, EDC shocks cost more than the care is worth, but usually the solution is to modify to normal shocks.

Did that "L7" badge actually come on anything other than the leather-covered U.S. E23 short-wheelbase version in 1986/7?

E32 never had an L7, even the "Highline" E32 is not an L7. Highline was just an optional extra in the price list.
    The option code Highline includes a lot of other optional extras. For example the tables for the rear were also availble as single items.
    Main Highline items are the 2nd aircon in the rear, second alternator, the cooler box in the rear in combination with the 2nd aircon, the remote switch for the passenger seat in the rear center console so that one can operate the front passenger seat from the rear seat, and all other items could be ordered separately such as the blinds, the foot rests etc.
    On the German 7-forum there is a copy of the price list with the details of all optional extras under Modelle.

Looks nice. Like the blue. And it is a stick. Don't see that in this side of the pond... Does that security system come with the car?
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Long one.
    I'm not so sure. That back door doesn't look like a LWB model. But I might be confused by the color mis-match from front to back door. Or maybe the front is a LWB car and the rear clip is a SWB?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    probably a normal SWB, in 1989 only 14619 630 R6 were built.
    I'm guessing you meant 730, not 630. But I'm not sure how that data helps decide the SWB v. LWB question. Looking at the back door should tell you that.

No doubt a short wheelbase car. L7? Hinkey badge engineering always makes my suspicion meter twitch.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast