GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to reset the Airbag Light ?

Default How to reset the Airbag Light ?

Ok I know it's been brought up before, I searched the archives....

BUT...

We're always learning and sharing new stuff.

So anyone got a way yet to reset this thing? <don't ask why>

Local indy says $50... but I know it takes 2 seconds...

There's no BMWCCA near me, else I'd beg to them!

Cheers regardless!
    Rob sends....

(water on the sensor, little bit, cleaned the engine bay to its usual pristine condition... but 2d time in 7 years I've set the SRS lamp off... )
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

50 bux is about the going rate. There is no quick fix to reset the light besides dealer and a few indies.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Purchased SRS reset tool from EBAY for $85 and reset my airbag light. And I SOLD IT on EBAY for $90.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt View Post
    Ok I know it's been brought up before, I searched the archives....

BUT...

We're always learning and sharing new stuff.

So anyone got a way yet to reset this thing? <don't ask why>

Local indy says $50... but I know it takes 2 seconds...

There's no BMWCCA near me, else I'd beg to them!

Cheers regardless!
    Rob sends....

(water on the sensor, little bit, cleaned the engine bay to its usual pristine condition... but 2d time in 7 years I've set the SRS lamp off... )
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

Have there ever been like group pools where one guy agrees to buy such a reusable item after enough people post they'd buy it from him at a certain discounted amount so each person ends up paying a fraction of the total cost to use it then sends it on to the next guy? say if I bought one for $90 and person B pays me $80 and I ship it to him at my expense and he does likewise 9 people would each get to use it for like $15 when they ship it off and then the last guy would make it available to anyone else coming upon it for a payment of $10 ( under the honor system of course...) Anything like that ever been tried? I thought of the idea when i remembered these Grateful Dead Concert CD's trading groups to which I used to belong before Bit Torrent became available. One person would generously "Seed" the show on however many,usually three CD's and people who wanted it would post their name and email address on a web site. The Holder of the disc's would email the next person for their address and mail the disc's on and so on and on. if honor prevailed everyone could use it for a fraction of the full price the last guy just being willing to pass it along for the price he paid plus shipping. Fantasy? The first few guys would have to shell out more but they'd keep getting most of it back ultimately everyone paying the same amount..
    Last edited by Jehu; 11-06-2008 at 12:58 AM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

The only way is to buy the reset tool. I got mine from the States for $80 and have used it no less than 6 times. It has certainly paid for itself as a reset is £45 (~$80) a pop in the UK.

Damn crappy e39 SRS seat wiring.
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

Member shogun offers the reset tool for sale.
    An alternative is the dealer, or better one of the mechanics willing to do so for cash.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

I think the better way is Paypal route... One guy is responsible for the tool. Whoever wants it has to pay $10 plus shipping and leave $80 deposit. Deposit is returned when the tool is returned in working order.

Refund on Paypal is easy and no loss of comission to paypal. I think to recover the total cost of the unit... has to be about $140... to cover the loss of comission... handling... etc.

However, I think it is best everyone buys their own.

I still have stock, bought a lot of them, especially independent dealers here order them.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39204

Remember, the Peake airbag reset tool will NOT work on your E34/E32/E30 etc, Peake states for all cars from built year 1995.

(correction, they say from 1994, I just checked their website again)
    Last edited by shogun; 11-19-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: changed the year

Default Peake SRS Reset Tool

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    I still have stock, bought a lot of them, especially independent dealers here order them.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39204

Remember, the Peake airbag reset tool will NOT work on your E34/E32/E30 etc, Peake states for all cars from built year 1995.
    Shogun, I was rather upset upon reading your statement after purchasing the Peake unit a while back with zero results. But while the Peake website does say that the unit will work for a 1994, the fine print backs up your statement. My 94 525i was manufactured in september of 93. I suspect that has a lot to do with my inability to reset the srs light.

Please email me with the details about the reset tool you have.

Thanks, Norm

P.S. new to the board; hope my email address is available to you.

the details are here http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/588417/

just got another 3 feedbacks yesterday:

Erich,
    Received tool today. Already reset SRS light and oil service indicators!
    This thing is the real deal!!
    Thanks for the excellent shipping.
    Kindest Regards,
    Greg (E32 owner)
    -----------------------------------
    and here on Bimmerboard
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/594955
    Hi Erich!

The tool just arrived this morning. That was FAST! I have already used
    it to reset the airbag light in my car - I hope it stays off. Thanks a
    million!! regards, Colin
    (E32 owner)
    --------------------------------------------------------

Edit: some more remarks:
    with 1994 Peake probably means the change from the E32 to E38.
    But there can also be other reasons that a SRS reset tool does not work
    1. the fault which has triggered the SRS warning light has not been repaired, so the light comes immy on again even after reset. Only can be reset when the fault has been repaired.

2. communication problem: that means in your wire looms there is something wrong and the tool has no access, same like they way sometimes the Peake fault code tool does not work. It is not a fault of the tool, but a communation problem.
    I had one case earlier this year. Sent a SIR3 to a Bimmerboard member owning a E32 750iL. He could not reset with the tool the SRS light. Then I sent him another tool, same problem. Meanwhile he had bought another E32 for his son, tried both tools there and they both worked. He sold then the 2nd tool to another BB member where that also works. he finally found out that a wire between the diagnosis box and the E-box was broken and one wire had slipped out slightly down the plug from the diagnosis box. He repaired these wires and the tool also worked on his car.

For owners of several cars with different diagnosis boxes I also have the BOA
    BOA digital Reset Tool for BMW cars 1987 - 2006

But much more expensive than the SIR3
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/551991/
    Last edited by shogun; 11-19-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast