GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ignition cylinder fixed cost $0.00

Default ignition cylinder fixed cost $0.00

My key wouldn't turn in the lock to pos 1 so I thought it was a bad tumbler, changed it and same problem occured. Last night after a little Rye and coke we went out and took a long hard look at the steering lock housing because it didn't look damaged and we were NOT looking forward to replacing it.

The inside looked good but on closer inspection we saw that the grooves on the side were worn. got some liquid aluminum and builtup the pins on the bottom of the tumbler so that they connect with the housing, problem solved. It took a few tries to get the right amount on the front face of the pins, but it works like a charm, and the best part is that I don't have to use two keys!!

Good lock smithing skills, sounds good as long as a popsicle stick dont work too.

Quote Originally Posted by guinness View Post
    My key wouldn't turn in the lock to pos 1 so I thought it was a bad tumbler, changed it and same problem occured. Last night after a little Rye and coke we went out and took a long hard look at the steering lock housing because it didn't look damaged and we were NOT looking forward to replacing it.

The inside looked good but on closer inspection we saw that the grooves on the side were worn. got some liquid aluminum and builtup the pins on the bottom of the tumbler so that they connect with the housing, problem solved. It took a few tries to get the right amount on the front face of the pins, but it works like a charm, and the best part is that I don't have to use two keys!!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

thought about using a popsicle stick , but then what would I chew on while working?