GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: yay my loot bag came!

Default yay my loot bag came!

sweet... pelican parts... the dream store for those of us with natur interiors...

Default So, whatcha get?

what is all of that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by JD525IA View Post
    what is all of that stuff?
    mostly trim pieces (bits for the skibag, seatbelts, doorpanels,etc) carpet clips, hood buffers, the spacer for the alternator, seat-back clips, wiper trim/cover and a crank position sensor that i'm already unhappy with... there is an instruction sheet that explains that the plastic plug on the new cps is 'interchangeable' with the original stainless steel plug... damn...

except for the cps it was like being at the dollar store... i dunno about elsewhere but i have yet to come across a scrapped natur e34 so i was pretty happy when i found they could get all this stuff.

is CPS OE or aftermarket? Return it if it is aftermarket.... many problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tim eh? View Post
    mostly trim pieces (bits for the skibag, seatbelts, doorpanels,etc) carpet clips, hood buffers, the spacer for the alternator, seat-back clips, wiper trim/cover and a crank position sensor that i'm already unhappy with... there is an instruction sheet that explains that the plastic plug on the new cps is 'interchangeable' with the original stainless steel plug... damn...

except for the cps it was like being at the dollar store... i dunno about elsewhere but i have yet to come across a scrapped natur e34 so i was pretty happy when i found they could get all this stuff.
    Tim,

Make sure that sensor doesn't hit the timing wheel. I recently replaced the CPS on my 535i with the same plastic bit and it was dragging on the wheel. I spaced mine out with a thin washer and its fine now. Just a heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    is CPS OE or aftermarket? Return it if it is aftermarket.... many problems with it.
    it's a 'facet' - i ordered it a while ago and since then i've read enough threads to know better... but i'll probably keep it as a spare instead, sending it back to california would be a pain now it cost peanuts anyway and afaik there is nothing wrong with the one in there (..err..somewhere...) i'm just trying to reduce the probability of being stuck dead in a cold snap this year... i stopped trusting the p/o a long time ago and i have 290 odd km... edit-typo... 280 odd...

thanks for the tip rus, i will watch for that.

what is comforting about this is that there are no spelling mistakes.

this photo might explain why i only want to do a mediocre paint job on the hood.... here is the new wiper cover... dammit now i have to paint the arm!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by tim eh?; 10-23-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Painting those arms should be a piece of cake compared to your hood Use some rust-specific primer on them and sand well. Also consider filing the passenger side arm if it hits the hood (common issue). I filed mine and painted it. Looks factory and doesn't damage the hood

Facet from Italy: what I have read, main problems were on the M60 engine when installing them. But I have also noticed that a German online shop removed them respect. they are still on their website, but mentioned:
    presently not available or something like that.

I like those tiny bits and pieces you bought. And for that www.Pelicanparts.com is clearly number 1, they are usually the only ones which offer such small items, others just ignore such small stuff, maybe they do not want to handle these low priced items
    Last edited by shogun; 10-23-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    Facet from Italy: what I have read, main problems were on the M60 engine when installing them. But I have also noticed that a German online shop removed them respect. they are still on their website, but mentioned:
    presently not available or something like that.
    thankyou- maybe the same problem rus had on his 535i even though i don't think it's an m60? (...?) hopefully i don't use it anyway it will be worth the price just to know i have one in the trunk... sport535 i think said he just cleaned his?

PP is also good for little electrical connectors to repair plugs and wires etc i find - their shipping is very reasonable for canadians too.

M60 didn't come in a 3.5l displacement. E34 535's were M30's. M62 had a 3.5l displacement, but those were only in European E39's & E38's.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build