GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Parked Car Ventilation on 02/89 retrofit

Default Parked Car Ventilation on 02/89 retrofit

I've read the page on the old BMWE34.net and I do not find the same connection. I have the first dual climate control set up and I see the author says he has the next model from what I have in my car. I vampired a wire from the black with thie stripe wire on the OBC and a wire from the red with yellow stripe on the OBC connector, but that's as far I was able to go without running into confusion. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, i just now discovered the charger for the OEM flashlight. I think this is amazing that it's been there so long without me noticing. I'll try looking into getting a new flashlight but i'm curious at the possibilities with this connection. Has anyone modded this to do something else?

flashlight: you need the white one. There is also a black one, but that only fits into E38, E38 etc. The white one is for E34/32/30/21 etc.

I have modified a white flashlight with a cable extension for multi purpose use, but some dealers also sell such cable extentions with the right plug.

Quote Originally Posted by ///Sniper535 View Post
    I've read the page on the old BMWE34.net and I do not find the same connection. I have the first dual climate control set up and I see the author says he has the next model from what I have in my car. I vampired a wire from the black with thie stripe wire on the OBC and a wire from the red with yellow stripe on the OBC connector, but that's as far I was able to go without running into confusion. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, i just now discovered the charger for the OEM flashlight. I think this is amazing that it's been there so long without me noticing. I'll try looking into getting a new flashlight but i'm curious at the possibilities with this connection. Has anyone modded this to do something else?
    man i wish i could help... i want the parked car vent too

took me a while to notice the flashlight plug also... i think it's just 12v - you can "mod" a 12v circuit just about anywhere so i would suggest the flashlight as it is so very handy and fits there nicely... you can also get an a/c adapter ... i bought my flashlight at the store 'eluka' on ebay... it didn't stay white for very long...

Rick540 has done it, he will make a write-up, watch this thread
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/581255

There's a BMW accessory that plugs into the flashlight socket and turns it into a 12v car outlet w/protected extension cord. It's meant to be run out of the glovebox and have the glovebox close.

I'm quite fond of mine. Wish the P.O. had known about that before he cut part of the ashtray trim off so that he could plug his radar detector in and have the ashtray closed. Still can't believe he did such a thing to such a nice car...
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build