GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: should this float until we have a political forum or stick it a while for education

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • stick for others to learn

6 60.00%
  • float to the bottom we know it all

4 40.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Regarding the current economic situation...

i like the Maverics

just cant see either driving it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    i like the Maverics

just cant see either driving it.
    Oh man my old friend Barney "Big B" Farren RIP would've loved that.. he had this Maverick that just would not quit... we drove that thing like it needed to be punished and it just kept on going..lol.. I remember in one serious blizzard , three feet of snow and us with a few purple microdots n us he drove by this unplowed school parking lot and for no reason, just swerved in i guess to just plow thu some snow himself and we got stuck... we spent the night in the car when the next morning this front end loader came to plow and he scooped the ass end of the mav up and plowed us right out onto the street... easy to work on those things too and great MPG.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    three feet of snow and us with a few purple microdots n us
    That explains it all

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by pundit View Post
    I suggest you have a look here if you haven't already....

http://www.chrismartenson.com/three_beliefs
    Thanks pundit for showing us this.

For economy illiterates like me, this is economics 101.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    I've seen Zeigeist several times but it disturbs many people so much that that simple don't believe it is true, disregard it as a conspiracy and switch off.
    That will soon change however!

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Default We are a species with persistent amnesia

I don't know about getting rid of the Federal government, but getting rid of the Federal Reserve Bank is imperative. There is a reason why Congress should coin money backed by a standard. And you'll see that reason in the coming month's, when the 850+ Billion is gone and the value of the dollar sinks like a lead weight. The problem isn't fixed. The loans are still worthless. And you will see this in the stock market very very soon when everyone buys gold because our fiat paper printed by a private company is deemed worthless.

For the immediate issue that we face, you can trace it back to Jimmy Carter's FHA and Bill Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act. It introduced limitless money into a free market system. This isn't blame. This is fact, and any President can do this when they ignore the Constitution and economic law repeatedly.

First, minorities that could not afford the loans were given access to laons. Then, it was expanded to everyone who could not afford the loans. And so now, we(the government) are buying all of the loans that people could not afford. The problem is that when you give away money, items tend to increase in cost- because the value of the dollar becomes worthless. Which means that now A) The value of the property is too high B) Nobody was able to afford them before and nobody will be able to afford them now.

Normal market corrections would have turned that 2 acre one bedroom house into a $150,000 home or 3X the average salary of an individual. But, with this current and previous gov't/federal reserve intervention, the property will be held at $400,000, which means that it will not be purchased and the housing bubble will burst yet again. But now it will burst with an additional 1.5 Trillion in debt on top of our existing debt of 11 Trillion.

The 850 Billion doled out last week was just to buy worthless loans. Taken all together, we have spent 1.5 Trillion buying/bailing out companies and purchases fiat paper loans on property worth 1/3 that.

So, from my point of view, this vid reel is old news for me. My great^4 uncle actually is Andrew Jackson. I'm his brother's decendant. And I'm a Libertarian by party. Although, the Constitution party and Libertarian parties are fairly close in comprehension of law. I opted for Libertarian due to their footprint in numbers and grasp of major issues.

So, this has been coming for quite awhile. A literal old cliche, I know. But this is just the first bump in the road.

The consequences of this will cause a retraction of our military presence worldwide, make purchasing items greater than 300 miles away unsustainable, collapse our ability to dole out 800 Billion a year to other countries for oil, and ultimately will make family and friends you can trust with your life more important than gold bullion. At that point, the most important currency will be water and food, and to a lesser degree, ammunition. And before that point, you will become intimately familiar with how lethal non-lethal weapons can be.

That's a taster of the future. I hope you enjoyed my little sermon on the mount. Take care.

Last edited by ThoreauHD; 10-05-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoreauHD View Post
    ... The consequences of this will cause a retraction of our military presence worldwide, make purchasing items greater than 300 miles away unsustainable, collapse our ability to dole out 800 Billion a year to other countries for oil, and ultimately will make family and friends you can trust with your life more important than gold bullion. At that point, the most important currency will be water and food, and to a lesser degree, ammunition. And before that point, you will become intimately familiar with how lethal non-lethal weapons can be.

That's a taster of the future. I hope you enjoyed my little sermon on the mount. Take care.
    Something I've become involved in recently...

http://www.communityharvestproject.org.au/

I provided the website (there is a new one under construction).

The fundamentals are food, water, shelter and a job to pay for it all if you are not self sufficient... and jobs are no longer guaranteed with the financial meltdown that is occurring.
    My neighbour was retrenched last week and the company he was working for is on the brink of bankruptcy.

As for the government providing welfare... that's also disappearing fast.
    Most western governments are technically bankrupt.. the US especially.

In a few years the first of the baby boomer's will begin their 'retirement'.
    Here's the BIG problem.... who's going to pay for this?
    The US Governments pension fund is empty and self funded retirees are watching their next eggs evaporate before their eyes.
    Our Government has now advised retirees to go back to work to to supplement their incomes... what work?
    With many businesses winding back or shutting down who's going to employ a 60+ year old?

Many are losing their homes, and their jobs, food is becoming so expensive many are beginning to realise what feeling hungry is like for the first time.
    In Australia we have a water crisis.
    Last month here in Melbourne we had the lowest September rainfall since records began in the 1850's.
    Our water storages are currently around 30% capacity and summer is still nearly two months away.

I recently purchased two 9000 litre water tanks, have a wood burning stove and have just planted out my raised bed vegetable garden... chickens are coming in the new year.

The bottom line is don't wait for your Government to come and save you when things really get bad... they won't.

George W. is still trying to tell everyone that everything is just going to be fine... ****in' wanker!!

Oh yeah, and before he chimes in, Hi Ross... it's Chicken Little!
    Last edited by pundit; 10-06-2008 at 10:06 PM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoreauHD View Post

The consequences of this will cause a retraction of our military presence worldwide, make purchasing items greater than 300 miles away unsustainable.
    300 miles? Dude the country is wider than that!

Quote Originally Posted by pundit View Post
    I've seen Zeigeist several times but it disturbs many people so much that that simple don't believe it is true, disregard it as a conspiracy and switch off.
    That will soon change however!
    http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blo...iracy-theories

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast