GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: should this float until we have a political forum or stick it a while for education

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • stick for others to learn

6 60.00%
  • float to the bottom we know it all

4 40.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Regarding the current economic situation...

So I guess there'll be plenty of politicians buying up stocks at this point now that prices have dropped after the bailout was rejected.

Then next Thursday after they finally agree to pass the bailout, guess what, the stock prices will go up, the politicians will then dump their stocks again making a tidy little profit and the market will plummet again.

You gotta hand it to 'em.... and YOU ARE... ON A PLATE!!

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Peter Schiff - "America is broke".... here
    Last edited by pundit; 09-29-2008 at 09:52 PM.

here: "Global money markets were frozen even as central banks poured hundreds of billions of dollars into the financial system to persuade financial firms to stop hoarding cash."

so why arent they the ones pouring money into USA banking vs us pouring money in??? Greed. Good ole banker greed... let them fail we are destined anyway. wonder how much Bernanke and Paulson stood to prosper from this last minute scam. Geez
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    here: "Global money markets were frozen even as central banks poured hundreds of billions of dollars into the financial system to persuade financial firms to stop hoarding cash."

so why arent they the ones pouring money into USA banking vs us pouring money in??? Greed. Good ole banker greed... let them fail we are destined anyway. wonder how much Bernanke and Paulson stood to prosper from this last minute scam. Geez
    Well Paulson wanted the 700 billion with no oversight or conditions attached.
    It shows you these people are from a different planet.

Bailout out or not, economically, the game is up for the U.S. The phoney economy has been maintained by subsequent U.S. Administrations for decades and now all the chickens are all coming home to screw everyone.

I'd be looking for ways to reduce my living expenses such as food and basic necessities .... remember plasma TV's are low in fibre and vitamins and don't taste too good anyway.

exactly, working my way back from the abyss of govt backed securities that caused a 96% loss in fun ds. Workin back slowly, half a grand a day with only 2K is a long LONG road back up there. 6 months Ill have another party and fly friends in from the world. The band is gone now bur have a new one on idea... MBXB is good byt their videos from 6 weeks away are blurry.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The Yays have it by 5:3 shall we take a recount?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Here's an e-mail doing the rounds of the financial community that gives an interesting perpsective on the latest market turmoil -- and where some might wish they had invested given a second change.

"If you had purchased $1,000 of United Airlines parent UAL stock one year ago, you would have $200 left.

With Fannie Mae, you would have $2.50 left of the original $1,000. With AIG, you would have less than $15 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214 cash. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle."
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB View Post
    Here's an e-mail doing the rounds of the financial community that gives an interesting perpsective on the latest market turmoil -- and where some might wish they had invested given a second change.

"If you had purchased $1,000 of United Airlines parent UAL stock one year ago, you would have $200 left.

With Fannie Mae, you would have $2.50 left of the original $1,000. With AIG, you would have less than $15 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214 cash. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle."
    yeah that is as old as the hills.

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out."

Andrew Jackson the 7th President of the USA addressing a banking delegation in 1832.

Is this Martenson the clown who reckons you should get rid of the Fed?

Swallow that crap and you deserve everything you get.

'90 E34 M5
    '89 E34 535i
    '74 R90S
    MB 560SEC
    '74 Jensen Interceptor
    '54++ VW Subaru Turbo hybrid
    etc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast