GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Wiring questions for heated seats

Default Wiring questions for heated seats

Hi,

I'm thinking about retro fitting heated seats, but as far as I can see no power goes to my seats (they are manual adjust - uk car).

Does anyone know if I'll find a pre-installed wiring loom plug under the carpet below the seat, or is that wishful thinking ?

Failing that, is there an easy to use nearby power source ? I think I'll need a switched live (for controls) and a permanent live (for heating element).

Any comments welcome

sal

p.s. this is what I'm thinking of buying:
    http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/prod...il.asp?pid=696

As far as I',m aware all UK cars have plugs for electric seats under the carpet, the ones I've had do anyway. I'm not sure if there is a switched live but there is a permanent supply which would be heavy enough to run a heating element.

Quote Originally Posted by sal_park View Post
    Hi,

I'm thinking about retro fitting heated seats, but as far as I can see no power goes to my seats (they are manual adjust - uk car).

Does anyone know if I'll find a pre-installed wiring loom plug under the carpet below the seat, or is that wishful thinking ?

Failing that, is there an easy to use nearby power source ? I think I'll need a switched live (for controls) and a permanent live (for heating element).

Any comments welcome

sal

p.s. this is what I'm thinking of buying:
    http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/prod...il.asp?pid=696
    i think all the wiring you need should be in the plug underneath the seat - when i swapped power seats in for manual seats it was just plug and play, since you have no heat there ought to be a couple that go into the plug from the carpet but that aren't used from the seat side. not sure which is what tho, it's probably different on yours anyway.

edit - the photo is of the plug underneath my old passenger seat. i'm assuming the 3 wires (brown, green, black/grey) there go directly to the heat switch since there were no other electrical components on the seat - brown is ground on mine.

oh and that link doesn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tim eh?; 09-24-2008 at 09:50 AM.