GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sold 540, Help locating a replacment E38

Default Sold 540, Help locating a replacment E38

Hello all, looks like ive sold my baby, just waiting for some money and collection, however dont count your chickens before they hatch and all that!!

So can anybody help me find a 2001 (must have the wide-screen satnav) M-sport 740i individual! i want the best one i can afford and im struggling to find the right one with full spec, right colour combo, must be a dark colour not green/red and no beige leather for me thankyou! Cream is ok! It looks like not meny E38s were loved for! The oreint blue 740i on piston heads is taty at best! i could esaly sink a further 2k in to fixing all the fualts!!

if i had to opt for a 728, dose anybody know what could be done to improve perfomance?

i appreticate this is for 5/E34 lovers but you ave all been extremly helpfull in the past and ther is very littel activity on the 7 fourum.

Cherrs, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 525SEI BRIT View Post
    Hello all, looks like ive sold my baby, just waiting for some money and collection, however dont count your chickens before they hatch and all that!!

So can anybody help me find a 2001 (must have the wide-screen satnav) M-sport 740i individual! i want the best one i can afford and im struggling to find the right one with full spec, right colour combo, must be a dark colour not green/red and no beige leather for me thankyou! Cream is ok! It looks like not meny E38s were loved for! The oreint blue 740i on piston heads is taty at best! i could esaly sink a further 2k in to fixing all the fualts!!

if i had to opt for a 728, dose anybody know what could be done to improve perfomance?

i appreticate this is for 5/E34 lovers but you ave all been extremly helpfull in the past and ther is very littel activity on the 7 fourum.

Cherrs, Steve
    Gah, you sold your 540i/6? Shocking!

735i's are also good cars - they're the slightly smaller v8!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    you sold your 540i/6? Shocking!
    I don't understand why one would want an E38 instead of a 6 gears E34.

and I would take a full option e23/e32 over an E38

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I don't understand why one would want an E38 instead of a 6 gears E34.

and I would take a full option e23/e32 over an E38
    I suppose if one is doing a lot of motorway miles a nice E38 would be advantageous, but the way I've always seen it is that if there's only you in the car there's not much point in taking a 7 over a 5, the drivers seat and area is pretty much identical between the two! You just lose a bit of the handling.

Maybe he wants to be a 'Transporter'... I would consider the E39 instead of the E38.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    I suppose if one is doing a lot of motorway miles a nice E38 would be advantageous, but the way I've always seen it is that if there's only you in the car there's not much point in taking a 7 over a 5, the drivers seat and area is pretty much identical between the two! You just lose a bit of the handling.
    I saw his car on ebay and the pictures were gorgeous. This car is collectible. 6 gears E34! and he wants a mundane bland E38, which together with the E36 brought the modern ugly BMWs. arghh!

*personal bias*