Hey guys - car is back on the road and got a new p/s pump in it finally so I want to get into driving it more often. I had my p/s pump bypassed with a shorter belt, and noticed a pretty nasty shimmy (i'd call it more like a shake... it was pretty violent!) one day at maybe 40 - 45 mph when I hit some averagely rough pavement (lumpy is a good description..not rough), the front end did a pretty nasty shake. I slowed down and managed to get it under control - it was on the way to work and was the sort of shake that makes you go "holy ****!". This was on stock bottle caps.

I had driven the car about 100 - 150 miles without another instance of this happening, and had the car on original wheels up to like 80 mph without issue. Then I put my small drag wheels back on the other day and got it up to 40 - 45 mph again and immediately got this shimmy. It seems almost like if I steered away from the center point of the steering wheel I could work the nasty ass shake out... or if I slowed down - usually I slowed down. It was a pretty nasty/violent shimmy though.

So - I am used to the 55 - 60 mph slight vibe or nasty vibe while braking. I have Grunt urethane control arms in the rear most position (I forget if thats upper or lowers, but its closes to the firewall). I have 4 year old stock bushings in the other position. I have a good amount of steering wheel play. I need help because I want to drive my car regularly now that I have power steering but I don't want to die. Thanks!