GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Gearbox jammed on the road!

Default Gearbox jammed on the road!

While going into 1st gear from a stop sign I went into 2nd, then sort of sped up a little too much into 3rd to catch a green on the next corner. The corner was a hill. From 3rd I downshifted to 2nd to get enough pickup to go up the hill and then my gear box suddenly jammed into neutral. I put on the blinkers and let the car roll in reverse down the hill to the side curb.

The cluth engages but the gearbox is just dead stuck in neutral, wont even budge into any gear. I then had to the car towed to my mechanic and I'm still waiting for a diagnoses on the problem....

Now what could have happened??? and could there be serious damage??

the past few weeks when I hit 3rd gear it slicks and grinds but I still no idea what is wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by MurderBlack View Post
    While going into 1st gear from a stop sign I went into 2nd, then sort of sped up a little too much into 3rd to catch a green on the next corner. The corner was a hill. From 3rd I downshifted to 2nd to get enough pickup to go up the hill and then my gear box suddenly jammed into neutral. I put on the blinkers and let the car roll in reverse down the hill to the side curb.

The cluth engages but the gearbox is just dead stuck in neutral, wont even budge into any gear. I then had to the car towed to my mechanic and I'm still waiting for a diagnoses on the problem....

Now what could have happened??? and could there be serious damage??

the past few weeks when I hit 3rd gear it slicks and grinds but I still no idea what is wrong...
    Sounds like a case of busted shift forks and/or synchros... if your shift forks have gone south, you're going to need a new gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    Sounds like a case of busted shift forks and/or synchros... if your shift forks have gone south, you're going to need a new gearbox.
    Ignore where you think the gate is and feel for it. Use the force Luke! Which is a rather stupid way of saying your linkage may have gone south

Just got my answer, my gearbox was jammed into 2nd and 3rd at the same time, it was due to poor shifting on my part. My mechanic removed some type of shift lock without having to lift the car up and all is fine....lol what a scare for nothing