GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need $100 floor jack recomendations

Default Need $100 floor jack recomendations

My AC Delco Jack (from Sears) just stopped working after 4 months. I need to replace, but I do not want to spend a lot of cash. If Sears only credits, I may need to replace with Sears. Any thoughts in the $100 or so price range. I would rather buy local (Lexington, KY) to avoid shipping charges.

I know the archives has some floor Jack discussion, but most has been on more expensive floor jacks.

Thanks in advance
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default You can get this jack from advance auto for less than 100, it has a

3 year warranty and its the best value for the price that I have found and I use up a lot of floor jacks. Advance in lexington has them or can order them. Only get this model, don't let them talk you into one of the other models. This has a universal joint on the release handle and is very smooth on the valving. Its low enough to fit under most cars and it raises fairly high. Check here for the model
    This model here usually is on sale for 79.99

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    My AC Delco Jack (from Sears) just stopped working after 4 months. I need to replace, but I do not want to spend a lot of cash. If Sears only credits, I may need to replace with Sears. Any thoughts in the $100 or so price range. I would rather buy local (Lexington, KY) to avoid shipping charges.

I know the archives has some floor Jack discussion, but most has been on more expensive floor jacks.

Thanks in advance

Default Thanks will do (if sears refunds)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    3 year warranty and its the best value for the price that I have found and I use up a lot of floor jacks. Advance in lexington has them or can order them. Only get this model, don't let them talk you into one of the other models. This has a universal joint on the release handle and is very smooth on the valving. Its low enough to fit under most cars and it raises fairly high. Check here for the model
    This model here usually is on sale for 79.99
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

would be surprised if Sears refunds and doesn't exchange. I personally have had great luck with my Sears 3 ton and use it all the time...but others have reported failures.
    I am sure Bill's recommendation is better as who knows more about these jacks than he. The downside of the Sears jack is letting the car down...the valve is not very graduated...takes a deft hand to bring the car down slow.
    George

Default Got the sears 3 ton w jack stands

Sears did not refund, just credited. Side note, some of the Sears clerks need to learn their business and customer service. Does not look like much training except OJT.

Anyway, the 3 ton and jack stands was on sale for $99.00. Very hefty and operates like a "real jack". The handle rotates to release pressure. Besides, my local Advance said they could not get the jack Bill R. recomended. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    would be surprised if Sears refunds and doesn't exchange. I personally have had great luck with my Sears 3 ton and use it all the time...but others have reported failures.
    I am sure Bill's recommendation is better as who knows more about these jacks than he. The downside of the Sears jack is letting the car down...the valve is not very graduated...takes a deft hand to bring the car down slow.
    George
    Thanks,

Only the folks in CA can get those jack... east coast is something else.