GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Praying I get these throwing stars...

Default Praying I get these throwing stars...

Found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...id=p2759.l1259

I've been on the lookout for ages but trying to play it cool... Trying.

There's a while to go but I'm hoping for a bargain! Quick question: Will these fit mine without using spacers? They're off an 8 series originally so it looks like the offset is different.

Also, what's the score on changing the aspect ratio of the tyre size - example 235 - 50 - r17 on the front? Would that cause any negative effects?
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

You'll need spacers to fit E31 wheels to an E34... sadly

The rear ones by the look of it only need to be 3 mm, but the fronts may need 10mm spacers - if I've got my maths the correct way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    You'll need spacers to fit E31 wheels to an E34... sadly

The rear ones by the look of it only need to be 3 mm, but the fronts may need 10mm spacers - if I've got my maths the correct way around.
    That's the way I was looking at it - If the offset is less does that mean the wheels are more 'in' at the arches?

You say sadly, is this a bad thing? I assume it won't affect the running in a negative way. Oh, will normal bolts do the business?

I think you have it backwards. You might find a 10 offset on front that calls for 20, the wheels will stick out and could interfere with the wheelwell opening.
    HERE
    Adjust both for 235/45/17 with 17 x 8, then adjust the offsets to see the comparison.
    You should note that on the 20 offset, the backspacing is 134 millimeters. The 10 offset is only 124 mm which means they will stick out farther.
    I don't see the 10 mm being a huge issue, though. And in the staggered set, the rear offset is so close as to not be a problem, 19 for the e31 wheels vs 22 stock e34.
    Last edited by BuckNaked; 08-22-2008 at 11:38 AM.
    six forward speeds

Quote Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
    I think you have it backwards. You might find a 10 offset on front that calls for 20, the wheels will stick out and could interfere with the wheelwell opening.
    HERE
    Adjust both for 235/45/17 with 17 x 8, then adjust the offsets to see the comparison.
    You should note that on the 20 offset, the backspacing is 134 millimeters. The 10 offset is only 124 mm which means they will stick out farther.
    I don't see the 10 mm being a huge issue, though. And in the staggered set, the rear offset is so close as to not be a problem, 19 for the e31 wheels vs 22 stock e34.
    Hey thanks for that, it was useful and I think you're right looking at the diagram. I shouldn't imagine 10mm difference being noticible to the naked eye! Hopefully someone who's done the same swap before will chime in to confirm!

They are round the corner from me if you want me to take a look and speak to the guy to see if he will do a deal? I owe you one for those spigot rings....
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by leicesterboy15 View Post
    They are round the corner from me if you want me to take a look and speak to the guy to see if he will do a deal? I owe you one for those spigot rings....
    Hey man that's mighty kind! That'd be great only if no trouble... I was hoping I was going to be lucky at the auction but can't hurt to aks him I suppose?!!!

Yes, they should fit just fine as the fronts will stick out 10mm more than a normal E34 rim. And that's worked fine for many others.

Stick with the 235/45 on the front & 255/40 on the rear.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    Yes, they should fit just fine as the fronts will stick out 10mm more than a normal E34 rim. And that's worked fine for many others.

Stick with the 235/45 on the front & 255/40 on the rear.
    Thanks - I was hoping you'd spot this thread - you have an 8 don't you?!

Thanks for the info - I'll do that. I'm eyeing up tyres already and I haven't even got them yet!

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    Thanks - I was hoping you'd spot this thread - you have an 8 don't you?!

Thanks for the info - I'll do that. I'm eyeing up tyres already and I haven't even got them yet!
    No 8 yet. Just my M-Sport right now. Will add an '01 740i Sport next after the M-Sport is paid off. Maybe by then an '01 740i Sport will have come down in price a good deal to a vaguely reasonable level. Then maybe an 8 after that.

Thought about an 8 before I bought the M-Sport as I'd been looking for the M-Sport for 2 years. But an 850CSi or 840Ci are still too pricey. Not to mention I don't really have the $ to keep the electrical system in an 8 up to spec and don't feel like being an auto sparky all of the time.

So I started looking for a nice 740i Sport. And couldn't find one that was the proper color & spec. Did find one that was about 3,700 miles away and felt that was too far to go for a car.

A couple of months later I found my M-Sport after searching for 2 1/2 years. Happened to be 3,750 miles away. Wasted no time in setting up financing & booking a plane ticket...
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast