Hi guys, I went to a used car-dealership today around my school and they had a 1991 850i Auto there, I believe it was imported from Japan since all the manuals and service records where in japenese. The body was in great condition but the motor looked like could have used ALOT of work.

The intake manifold was very dirty which usually means not so great maintence.

So I took it for a test drive and inspection, He was asking 11,000.

It felt really solid and quiet which made it rather sleeper with a v12 under the hood. A little biut of play in the steering wheel but just lose inner tie rods. I got it out onto the highway to see what it could really do.

As I was merging onto the highway, sure enough a new 335i in front of me...so we went at it....well, he went at it and left me LENGTHS behind....not even a challenge for the 335i.

But while I was racing the 335i when I hit 158, all the windows went up...I thought that was rather smart. Then on the way back, again merging onto the highway in the opposite direction, a 350Z was stopped on the side of the road and must have seen me coming cause as soon as I got close he took off to come parallel with me. I pushed to the floor (In sport mode) and the 350Z pulled on me really hard.

After that, driving normally, some check engine light comes on and the OBC says" OVERHEAT CATALYST".

So I pull over and as I slow down I notice smoke pouring up from under the car. I turn off the engine immediately....look under the car and it seems to have oil leaking onto the Cats and then the floor...I pop the hood and check the dipstick,,,,oil level at full.

So I drove back to the car dealer and explained the leaking engine oil, and when he wouldn't budge past 11, I figured it wasn't worth it to take a chance to see what was leaking.

Overall it's a solid car, and you really have to look down at your speed to keep from going too fast. Just sucks that it can't really keep up to modern sports car's with twice the amount of cylinders...not to mention, theres not much you can do performance wise without a lot of modification