GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Drove a 850i today....rather disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    I can't see what you guys think he's done wrong. I doubt there's one person on this forum that hasn't done similar in their own car... WOT is not a crime!
    I think it's more the fact he's driven it to bursting an oil seal somewhere and still decides to call it sh*t... you're going to hack off a lot of people on this board by taking a 15 year old car and then calling it crap because it cant keep up with modern lightweight sports cars...!

One of these days I'll get myself an 840i/6 and put my 540i/6 up for sale dream car time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    I think it's more the fact he's driven it to bursting an oil seal somewhere and still decides to call it sh*t... you're going to hack off a lot of people on this board by taking a 15 year old car and then calling it crap because it cant keep up with modern lightweight sports cars...!

One of these days I'll get myself an 840i/6 and put my 540i/6 up for sale dream car time!
    Firstly - when you do put your 540 up for sale let me know!!! I've been on the look out for one but I haven't got the heart to sell mine for now after all the work I've done so far...

That's fair comment on the prognosis, a 335i is in a league of it's own! But I would always give any car's I'm going to buy a bit of a test (not thrash it but you know what I mean a bit of WOT), becasue you don't want to be buying a 5 litre monster and have to drive it round like a micra because it can't take any throttle without bursting something! Although it would still look pretty...
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

hehe!!

I drove the car like I would have driven it if it was mine, if it couldn't handle 160+ without blowing an oil seal, or if the leak was already there before hand, I would have to find the problem after I bought the car...

If the car lot was willing to go down in price for what it was worth then I would have bought the damn thing, but it wasn't worth it.

I didn't call the car sh*t ferret, I just wasn't as impressed with the 850i as much as it's been made out to be.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god View Post
    I drove the car like I would have driven it if it was mine, if it couldn't handle 160+ without blowing an oil seal, or if the leak was already there before hand, I would have to find the problem after I bought the car...
    *melodramatic sigh*

You're not doing yourself any favours you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    well, the 850 was a huge commercial failure for BMW, so he is far from the only person to be disappointed with the car.

the 335 is far from lightweight!

I would have 2nd thoughts on giving you the key... Not impressed with the 850i???? Where they even impressed with your TOURING??? I thought you're eying an engine swap to your TOURING???

A nice example of an 850CSI. Yes its old, but runs strong! After watching the video, its making me want one... DROOL
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1rcOtt...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by sneekens View Post
    --snip---
    A nice example of an 850CSI. Yes its old, but runs strong! After watching the video, its making me want one... DROOL
    Wow, that's pretty cool and the B12 5.7 E31 is even faster

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god View Post
    I drove the car like I would have driven it if it was mine, if it couldn't handle 160+ without blowing an oil seal, ---snip---
    How many km on the clock? The thing probably wasn't driven for awhile, months and months, seals all dried up. Also, did you take the time to warm it up properly?

Quote Originally Posted by sneekens View Post
    I would have 2nd thoughts on giving you the key... Not impressed with the 850i???? Where they even impressed with your TOURING??? I thought you're eying an engine swap to your TOURING???

nice vid.

what is the fastest stock bmw?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast