GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Two part question- throttle cable-coolant hose

Default Two part question- throttle cable-coolant hose

Hello all,

I am a new member here and new to E34's. I searched around and didn't find an answer. I am in the process of replacing the coolant hoses on my 95' M50TU, and I have two hoses left. The two hoses are for the thermostat in the intake. One of the inlet pipes on the thermostat broke off so I will be bypassing the thermostat for the mean time. However, I can replace one of the hoses that goes to the throttle body without question, but the other one is a bit tougher. Has anyone replaced the hose that goes under the intake manifold? I can see the hose, and I can probably get the clamp loose, but I am not sure if I will be able to put a new clamp back on. Anyone have any ideas on how to approach this?

I had an idea of getting the spring clamp instead of the screw on clamp. I can probably match the size of the clamp with some clamps I have for my Honda. I know there is at least one hose on the Honda that has this size, I just need to remember which.

Second question is the throttle cable. I had to remove the valve body for the heater system under the hood to get more room for one of the coolant hoses on the head. After putting everything back, I noticed that the throttle cable doesn't snap into the holder that is located on the brake booster hose. So the question is does anyone have a picture of how the cable is routed so I can route it correctly?

Thanks In Advance.
    Last edited by russiankid; 08-20-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Looks like no one had an issue with this. I ended up removing the throttle body as the inlets were clogged for the coolant lines. I am in the process of trying to unclog them with very slow progress. I did replace this hose that I mentioned using a long screw driver which was inserted from the front of the engine.

I had an idea of getting the spring clamp instead of the screw on clamp. I can probably match the size of the clamp with some clamps I have for my Honda. I know there is at least one hose on the Honda that has this size, I just need to remember which.
    You can use these. I have some from a Toyota Vitz installed, very good, do not damage the hoses like the standard clamp type.

This will help you in future for wrenching, good drawings, all parts numbers and prices
    http://bmwfans.info/
    bookmark it.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    You can use these. I have some from a Toyota Vitz installed, very good, do not damage the hoses like the standard clamp type.

This will help you in future for wrenching, good drawings, all parts numbers and prices
    http://bmwfans.info/
    bookmark it.
    Thanks for the link. I was able to use a regular hose clamp, wasn't the funnest thing to do but all is well. Now I just need to unclog the inlet pipes on the throttle body and I should be close to finishing the cooling system.