GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's missing from these openings? Anyone have spares?

Default What's missing from these openings? Anyone have spares?

I have a 1990 535I and there are vent openings at the bottom of the front valance. One had some sort of plastic grill and one is missing this grill which the radar detector is hanging from it. Don't worry - This is a shot of the car when I got it and it looks much better now and the radar detector is tucked into a better spot.

I'd like to know what should be there and anyone has a replacement for me.

Next, the drivers headligh frame and two headlights are cracked. I'd like someone's used pars if they have them. I'm on a shoestring budget so if someone has some parts they are swapping out and might be tossing, let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks
    Vince

1952 MG TD
    1963 MGB
    1967 MGB GT Special
    1974 MGB Roadster
    1991 Ford Ranger
    1997 BMW 528I
    2000 Harley Davidson Softail
    2004 Ford Expedition

nothing belongs there. There are two plastic covers that go there. They are held in with clips and springs, and should be cheap at the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by vping View Post
    I have a 1990 535I and there are vent openings at the bottom of the front valance. One had some sort of plastic grill and one is missing this grill which the radar detector is hanging from it. Don't worry - This is a shot of the car when I got it and it looks much better now and the radar detector is tucked into a better spot.

I'd like to know what should be there and anyone has a replacement for me.

Next, the drivers headligh frame and two headlights are cracked. I'd like someone's used pars if they have them. I'm on a shoestring budget so if someone has some parts they are swapping out and might be tossing, let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks
    Vince

please dont post pics of that poor 535 again!Its make me cry to see such a car in bad condition..one of those voids is the tow hook right? the other is a void to make the "bumper" symetrical i think...
    Gone but not forgotten

Just so you know, thats not a good place for a radar detector....reason:

If you tailing someone close enough, you won't pick up anything until it's too late...also it's exposed to a lot of the elements. The only situation where this radar setup works is if your behind a 18 wheeler and grab the signal underneath the truck.

The optimal place is right under your rear-view mirror....it's kind of bait being there so I installed mine ABOVE the Rear-View. Between the Sun Visor and the mounting for the rear-view....And just hard-wire the lines behind the roof panel and down the driver's side A Pillar to a switch so you can turn it off need be.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god View Post

If you tailing someone close enough, you won't pick up anything until it's too late...also it's exposed to a lot of the elements. The only situation where this radar setup works is if your behind a 18 wheeler and grab the signal underneath the truck.

The optimal place is right under your rear-view mirror....it's kind of bait being there so I installed mine ABOVE the Rear-View. Between the Sun Visor and the mounting for the rear-view....And just hard-wire the lines behind the roof panel and down the driver's side A Pillar to a switch so you can turn it off need be.
    Mate,

What happened to your touring?

The above post related somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    Mate,

What happened to your touring?

The above post related somehow?

It's a very very long story... I don't have it anymore and probably won't be getting another one but I'll still stay on the boards even If I don't have a E34

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god View Post

why would you be that close to someone at speed?

The car looks no way like the first picture. That was as it sat before I rescued it. It's actually a daily driver now and a load of fun.

As for the radar detector, I don't even know if it works and just tucked it inside to keep it from dragging. I might not even keep the darn thing in there besides this post is about what covers I need, if anybody has spares and if anybody has a few spare headlights or the black trim for them.
    1952 MG TD
    1963 MGB
    1967 MGB GT Special
    1974 MGB Roadster
    1991 Ford Ranger
    1997 BMW 528I
    2000 Harley Davidson Softail
    2004 Ford Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by vping View Post
    The car looks no way like the first picture. That was as it sat before I rescued it. It's actually a daily driver now and a load of fun.

As for the radar detector, I don't even know if it works and just tucked it inside to keep it from dragging. I might not even keep the darn thing in there besides this post is about what covers I need, if anybody has spares and if anybody has a few spare headlights or the black trim for them.
    You'd be surprised but I actually bought mine off ebay...the 2 lower covers and the bmw center lisence plate cover for 50$ and $5 shipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast