GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: nuts to everybody that likes the heat....

Default OT: nuts to everybody that likes the heat....

i just burned (and i'm not exaggerating for effect) my back by sitting down in das car, and the f'ing windows were cracked!! OBC reports 105 degrees F, and its only off by one or two degrees usually. i find it really hard to believe that BMW couldn't engineer a more effective heat dissipation system for the interior than we have. i take pity for the people that live more southward, or in the desert.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Unregistered Guest

Try the OBC vent feature and either crack your sunroof or press up on the button to make it slant up (remember hot air goes up). My car is black, with black interior and I live in the south where the sun can make the inside of my car go up to 115 (ive actually measured that). Vent option works well to get you by until you can get the AC running.

Jim
    94 540i

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i just burned (and i'm not exaggerating for effect) my back by sitting down in das car, and the f'ing windows were cracked!! OBC reports 105 degrees F, and its only off by one or two degrees usually. i find it really hard to believe that BMW couldn't engineer a more effective heat dissipation system for the interior than we have. i take pity for the people that live more southward, or in the desert.

was gonna say...if you don't like the heat...don't spend any time in AZ in the summer.
    Can't even touch the steering wheel if the car has been in the sun for any length of time.
    George

George, you should have told me that before I went out hiking a few years ago and took my SIL's black 4Runner. Was up playing around at the base of the Superstition Mountains, parked the 4, locked it up, left the windows cracked. Hopped in, my ass hit that damn seat....anyone smell grilled longpig? :P

Ryan: I keep my sunroof cracked and it helps a LOT. It gets warm, never unmanageable. I wish I could get the autovent stuff to work. :P

Default Tint + Sun Shields

Ryan,

If you haven't already done it, max out your window tint job, and use those mylar sun shields for the windshields. Crack the windows as above and you can keep the interior pretty manageable.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Rick...aside from the heat...aren't Superstition Mountains beautiful? Arizona has geology...the likes I have never seen...a beautiful place...seeing it for the first time is something I will never forget.
    George

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

48 and rainy here. Wife has the furnace running. I could really go for some sun
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Default even here in temperate NZ

i ussually leave the sunroof open(tilted) and use a windscreen sunshade.I am going to install a rear blind when i can find one from the wreckers....Black on black is uncool sometimes
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    Rick...aside from the heat...aren't Superstition Mountains beautiful? Arizona has geology...the likes I have never seen...a beautiful place...seeing it for the first time is something I will never forget.
    George
    I thought AZ was cool. The first time we went the mrs was preggers and wasn't feeling well. BIL (who is a Brit) hates the heat, SIL didn't want to leave the mrs alone. I put some serious miles driving around, what an amazing place. I was headed home when I slowed for some slow elk (a cow) that was crossing a washout I had to get though. I looked over and standing next to a cactus was a MILF...buck nekkid. What I thought were albino cactii where h00ters. (like winfred's gif).

Joshua Tree is pretty neat if you ever get up there. I hiked to the top of Keys View...better bring your water for that one. Sucked a gallon up. Not hot, so damn dry that I didn't stink after that speed hike (had a day solo while working in LA).

A little heat never hurt anyone. I was on Ocracoke Island (Outer Banks of NC) one summer...it was 97 in the shade, had to be 104 in the sun. No one on the beach except me surfing in waist high glass. I've never been so hot in all my life. Tent had no shade, the J20 had no a/c. Miserable. At least the beer was cold and the steaks perfect.

Default Wuss.

Maybe you need to come further south, down here to the land of sin and debauchery. Nothing like our balmy ocean breezes. Don't you get a nice cooling effect from Lake Alice or the sewage treatment plant??

I spent two summers in G'ville and I thought it was the hottest place on the planet. BTW....it was 91 here today.

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast