GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT...my young man leaves for college today

Default OT...my young man leaves for college today

I know it's off topic, but many of you had input when I gave the 318iS to Aubrey when he turned 16.

Today, the 318iS will take him to college after serving him well throughout high school. A couple months ago he attained the rank of Eagle Scout, and now, the road to college. This reminds me of Tim Collins back when he was going to school. I'm just sitting back, getting older, and watching these young men grow up to be tomorrows leaders.

Thanks everybody for your support of this young man as he ventures off to find his way in the world, and you can be assured that there will be more BMW's in his future.

JR

It just don't get any better than that!!! He is a successful student just as you are a successful parent. I feel proud for both of you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5 View Post
    I'm just sitting back, getting older, and watching these young men grow up to be tomorrows leaders. JR
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Might be best to discourage his living in a frat house.
    Dash01
    '90 535ia 272K miles

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5 View Post
    I know it's off topic, but many of you had input when I gave the 318iS to Aubrey when he turned 16.

Today, the 318iS will take him to college after serving him well throughout high school. A couple months ago he attained the rank of Eagle Scout, and now, the road to college. This reminds me of Tim Collins back when he was going to school. I'm just sitting back, getting older, and watching these young men grow up to be tomorrows leaders.

Thanks everybody for your support of this young man as he ventures off to find his way in the world, and you can be assured that there will be more BMW's in his future.

JR
    its a strange thing,this steady march of time...it seems like only yesterday that I could carry Amy around with her head in my palm and her feet in the crook of my elbow.....she is planning her university studies,travel to nepal....
    Gone but not forgotten

You spend all your time trying to bring them up so they can stand on their own two feet. And when they can you feel redundant
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

+1 on that. My three are all grown, college educated and with two of them living in different states and following their own lives. Their mom and I feel proud, yet sort of out of the loop. Unfortunatly, they are not BMW people. My daughter even has an Audi!
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default Congratulations to You and your son Jr,

My sister had this a couple of years ago and now that her son is off on his own, she keeps talking about selling their house and moving to the same city that he's in....My brother in law is fortunately keeping a cooler head....

Howdy Jr.

You are, and rightfully should be, very proud of that young man !!
    I wish him all the success in the world.......
    "Uncle" Phil C
    2011 Kia Optima EX-P.
    Former owner of a 95 525i 5spd. "The GQ" aka A Shark in sheeps clothing
    03 R1150RT 6spd. "DaRTth"
    00 R1100R 5spd. "LeRoy"

As a "young man" its incredible how fast time goes - I remember starting college and now I am out of it and its all so damned fast!

Congrats JR - I am sure he's a good kid, but as a recent college attendee I'd still recommend keeping tabs on him - I know so many good kids who get off track when they're in school!

Congratulations to your son.

I myself am leaving for Claremont, CA on Saturday. Time has certainly gone by fast. I've been doing some maintenance and repairs on my car since it will be staying at home. My father will nurse it occasionally while I'm away, so hopefully when I come home I'll have a mostly operational car.

With that I'd also like to thank everyone and anyone that reads this on the forum for helping me keep my favorite car alive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast