GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Arent your British police wonderful?

Default OT: Arent your British police wonderful?

Not usually, no. I make a rare exception in this case:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....g_card?rss=yes
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

That's disgusting... I hate pigs, they think they're above the law... That sounds terrible doesn't it, but my taxes pay their wages and any time I've needed them they haven't helped in any sense of the word. Probably too busy setting up a speed camera somewhere (or piggy bank as I like to call them).

That's just my opinion of course based on personal experience, I hope I don't offend anyone on here...
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport View Post
    that's Disgusting... I Hate Pigs, They Think They're Above The Law... That Sounds Terrible Doesn't It, But My Taxes Pay Their Wages And Any Time I've Needed Them They Haven't Helped In Any Sense Of The Word. Probably Too Busy Setting Up A Speed Camera Somewhere (or Piggy Bank As I Like To Call Them).

That's Just My Opinion Of Course Based On Personal Experience, I Hope I Don't Offend Anyone On Here...
    +1

at least they didn't arrest the mayor of your town and shoot his dogs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...at_team_m.html

Many police have forgotten (or never learned) that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS.
    There are some wonderful officers out there, over worked and underpaid, but there are a lot that deserve to be run out of town on a rail.

Read any police forum (especially traffic cops) and you learn that "civilian" is pronounced with a sneer. It is this elitist attitude, and lack of any tangible service (unless the crime involves only a fine to line the cities coffers), and nearly complete ignorance of legal code that has alienated the american public. This attitude has even invaded our legal system, making a crime against an off duty peace officer ( a civilian ) a crime against a peace officer (in the performance of his duty). Then you get people being arrested and shackled because their poodle pissed on a cop's lawn...

The only good thing about the complete dereliction of duty in most cities, is that they are to busy chasing graffiti and red light camera violators to bother you.
    OF course thy are also too busy eating donuts to come (for 6 hours) when your out of town neighbor's house is broken into and being used for a teen party (literally, ~4 units eating donuts everytime I checked during that 6 hours). "Not enough man hours" to bother driving thru your neighborhood once in 2 months when an arsonist is setting cars afire in peoples' carports at the rate of 1 a week.

Before someone says "respect is due because they put their lives on the line" remember that police officer is actually a relatively safe job. it isn't even one of the top 10 most dangerous jobs.

Deckhand on a fishing vessel is most dangerous
    Pilot and flight engineer is next
    Loggers, Iron worker, and refuse collectors, farm and ranch workers,
    electrical power line workers, truckers and traveling salemen, roofers, etc are ALL more dangerous jobs than being a cop.

well, unless you live in Juarez and are not on the take.
    Last edited by attack eagle; 08-11-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle View Post
    Many police have forgotten (or never learned) that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS.
    There are some wonderful officers out there, over worked and underpaid, but there are a lot that deserve to be run out of town on a rail.

Read any police forum (especially traffic cops) and you learn that "civilian" is pronounced with a sneer. It is this elitist attitude, and lack of any tangible service (unless the crime involves only a fine to line the cities coffers), and nearly complete ignorance of legal code that has alienated the american public.

Before someone says "respect is due because they put their lives on the line" remember that police officer is actually a relatively safe job. it isn't even one of the top 10 most dangerous jobs.
    electrical power line workers, truckers and traveling salemen, etc are ALL more dangerous jobs than being a cop.

well, unless you live in Juarez and are not on the take.
    Yes,yes....but can you think of anyone elses job that see's more angry dispositioned ,lying,cynical, low life people in a single day than cops ??

Destined to be burned out emotionally at some point one would think ?
    Cheers,Vinny
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Yes,yes....but can you think of anyone elses job that see's more angry dispositioned ,lying,cynical, low life people in a single day than cops ??

Cheers,Vinny
    Bingo Caller...
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle View Post

electrical power line workers, truckers and traveling salemen, roofers, etc are ALL more dangerous jobs than being a cop.

this is not true, i am a professional writer who does a fair amount of work safety writing, and there are many risks involved in police work that make it quite dangerous. perhaps not in england but certainly in north america.

some of the professions you mentioned are FAR less dangerous than police work.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post

Cheers,Vinny
    Cop psychiatrist?
    Mayor?
    Anyone who works in the food service industry?
    Anyone who works in a service industry?

Bus Driver?
    Tow truck driver?
    Pizza delivery driver?
    mall security guard?

If they are burned out or mentally affected by it, they should not be cops in the first place, and sure should not continue in it, they should be section 8'd.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    this is not true, i am a professional writer who does a fair amount of work safety writing, and there are many risks involved in police work that make it quite dangerous. perhaps not in england but certainly in north america.

some of the professions you mentioned are FAR less dangerous than police work.
    no, they aren't. read forbes or actually look at the numbers.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/08/13/dan...813danger.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast