GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Are You Kidding Me....aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Default Are You Kidding Me....aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So I get in my car today to go to work at 7 am to find out that my sunroof is NOT WORKING!!!!

i had it open in the 'tilt' position the night before and wanted to close it today but the bastard wont budge...its makes a sudden "hhmmm" noise like the motor is trying to close it but then it doesnt do anything else....

what could it be? the motor? tracking?

thanks in advance for any help!

Sounds to me like the tracks and moving points are VERY dry and need lubrication. You might want to take the time to pull the covers off and do the service before you manually sit it all back to the down position.

There should be some links available to show you how its done.
    Cheers,Vinny
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

Dude mine would do this from time to time - not so much any more. But, simply get out of the car and gently push the roof down. If you get it down, chances are it'll be fine. If not, lube it up. But I had to push mine down once before - that was like 2 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K View Post
    Dude mine would do this from time to time - not so much any more. But, simply get out of the car and gently push the roof down. If you get it down, chances are it'll be fine. If not, lube it up. But I had to push mine down once before - that was like 2 years ago!
    So I kind of tried pushing the sunroof down today but ended up chickening out when it came to pushing it really hard as i was afraid of doing more harm than good....

is there another way i can go about this without taking it to the mechanic?

Yip mine would do that every now and then,inside your car pull open the flap near the sunroof button its aout 10cm big,I can open mine with just my fingers,inside you will see wires and a motor in the middle of the motor there will be a hex key hole,you should have the right one in your boot tool box.

If not find one that fits and close the sun roof that way.
    89 535 272,000km auto Euro

you probably ned two people,one to work the switch while the other pushes the roof....But see if you can get some lube in there first.
    Gone but not forgotten

Yep, I've had 'em jam up and just by fooling with the button long enough got 'em to go again. Check in the manual, I think ther is a way to resynchronize it, or maybe that is just for the touring.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

dude you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was working on my car yesterday for like 7 hours last night and was super frustrated and when i saw the sunroof i was like ahhhhhhhhhhh.....i punched it a couple times and tried to use the button to close it at the same time and it WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha...maybe not the best route....but hey it worked...now ill lube it up to keep it from doing that!

thanks again guys!