GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear seat

No problem reversing on mine either. I retrofitted mine with all the parts from Bekkers Import. I had a deal on one of the headrest that they had leftover and just had to buy one new one at near dealer price. I think it still costed me about $200 or so. I remembered everything dealer cost would be over $350+.

Quote Originally Posted by ///Sniper535 View Post
    Ok, so i think I'm never gonna get a hold of rear head rests fo rmy car. So I know it's possible to fit E32 rear seats in an E34 with some modification. Can I also utilize the E32 power or manual head rests?
    i have a backseat in really nice shape (the back is... the bottom is torn but repairable) with headrests but it's fabric (natur colour) - looks to me it would be fairly easy to modify an existing seat to fit them, been thinking about doing it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana19 View Post
    Also, were rear headrests available on US cars? I've never seen them on another E34 (I always look for them) but I just saw a 93 525i advertised which had rear headrests. I have a Canada car so I always though that was why, but was it actually just a rare option?
    They were standard on US M5's. Options on the rest of the line as far as I know. I do know that when I was buying a new set of front springs at the dealer not so long ago there was an option of checking rear headrests or not on the spring table. Apparently they effect the weight balance of the car enough to effect which rear spring are on the car.

My car doesn't have 'em yet. Plan on it at some point. But I'm not expecting that I'll find a used pair in black Bison as the Bison leather was a rather rare interior option.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12