GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Rear Door Glass Operation

Default Rear Door Glass Operation

My driver's side rear door glass wants to bind with the rubber seal on the verticle glass slide. Instead of sliding in behind the seal lip, the lip gets pushed back into the chanel as the glass goes up. realoem.com has several door parts schematics, but none that show the door glass and the slides etc.
    Year one lists door parts, slides etc. but has no schematic. Any help would be appreciated.
    My pass rear door glass operates funkily at best, it doesn't go up and down smoothly and properly like the others. I pulled the door apart and its issues are not obvious. Time to take it somewhere?
    Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

my rear doors did that, the glass had come unseated from the channel.

I push it back down on the higher non binding side with the glass 1/2 down and no further issues.

When you looked in the door was it while the system was operating, or with the glass all the way up or down?

Default Unseated glass eh?

I operated it a little bit with the door panel off, but I will have to do so again and look at the glass relative to the lower channel. I wasn't really focused there, more on the linkage and the slider. It was a bit unnerving to try and operate it, watch it and not let it go too far up and bind. It was definitely malfunctioning, but I wasn't pinpointing any isssues.
    I got frustrated, rolled it up and disconnected the switch.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

Quote Originally Posted by 93 525 Paul View Post
    I operated it a little bit with the door panel off, but I will have to do so again and look at the glass relative to the lower channel. I wasn't really focused there, more on the linkage and the slider. It was a bit unnerving to try and operate it, watch it and not let it go too far up and bind. It was definitely malfunctioning, but I wasn't pinpointing any isssues.
    I got frustrated, rolled it up and disconnected the switch.

+1 - 1/2 way down might as well grease up those wheels while you've got the door panel off.

Default Patience my son...

Quote Originally Posted by 525i winter driver View Post
    +1 - 1/2 way down might as well grease up those wheels while you've got the door panel off.
    Yep, white lithium I'd guess. Thanks for that.
    I was expecting something obvious, but when you don't know what you are looking for, it's a bit harder to spot it. Take II on a pita deal.

Anyone have any insight or experience on the window channel/door schematic question?
    My driver's side rear door glass wants to bind with the rubber seal on the verticle glass slide. Instead of sliding in behind the seal lip, the lip gets pushed back into the chanel as the glass goes up. realoem.com has several door parts schematics, but none that show the door glass and the slides etc.
    Year one lists door parts, slides etc. but has no schematic. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep, white lithium I'd guess. Thanks for that.
    I was expecting something obvious, but when you don't know what you are looking for, it's a bit harder to spot it. Take II on a pita deal.

Anyone have any insight or experience on the window channel/door schematic question?
    does the glass not budge at all? you have to use a bit of force - keep your hands flat... push the top edge first towards the back of the car it should tilt enough for you to be able to slip it back into the front channel. maybe a helper playing the controls lightly would make it easier. sorry... no schematics here...

it's the little nylon slider deals, the grease is dried up at this point too. Get the new sliders, they are cheap, clean the slider rail and use synthetic grease and you should be 90% better. If that dont fix the last 10% check to see that the glass is still glued to the channel. If this all fails mail me the car and I will fix it for you.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy